• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hpi vorza motor mount

froggy8

If you dont want to use the standard vorza mount as it does limit what motors you can use, you could use the mount from the trophy flux! Should bolt straight in! Only costs about

Thats the one, im not 100% but im sure it fits straight in. There are three holes on the bottom of the mount to bolt it on to the chassis but the vorza has only two if im correct, the two should hold it just fine but you could drill a third hole in the chassis and use a third bolt if you want. Hope this helps!

Another thing, if you are going to use that mount you might need the top plate and front diff mount from the trophy aswel. Again i am not sure but if you do they are just a few quid.

If you use the Trophy one it will bolt straight in but you will need the bottom plate as well to raise it. I recommend drilling the third hole that it has in the bottom of the mount in the chassis because if you have a front impact it snaps in half without it. I have done it myself.

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/101801

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/101674

Go to Tower hobbies if you are in no rush. Should cost about

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but did the trophy mount fit on the vorza ?? Trying to get a motor mount to go on my trophy truggy and came across a mount for the vorza that allows 1/5 scale motors to be mounted, so trying to find out if it's compatible lol

8 hours ago, T1t3h said:

I know this is an old post, but did the trophy mount fit on the vorza ?? Trying to get a motor mount to go on my trophy truggy and came across a mount for the vorza that allows 1/5 scale motors to be mounted, so trying to find out if it's compatible lol

from what ive heard, you have to drill another hole in the chassis for the motor mount to fit.

Well I used to use the mount in my hot bodies d812 conversion and even tho it did the job the bearing play where the diff fits into it in it was concerning. This meant the bearing actually rotating in its housing while the buggy was running and eventually made the center diff run un true. I bought an other one and made a shim to line the bearing housing which took all the play out. I now use the mount Dazp made and never looked back wish I could get an other one but I think he has packed in with RC.

IMG_20160418_103427503_HDR.jpg

Edited by RG1