• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial wraith spawn kit build

daymo

Hi guys

My kit arrived to day & I have started the build I probably haven't taken to many pictures as I got a bit carried away

f5e00494fc3866d0a3440310a52f8986.jpg

Diffs built & sat in axels

2d3d62440bbf6a1f6d33a8c4ba00d9bc.jpg

Axels being built a few screws in the wrong place but that was quickly sorted, also pay attention when putting together the steering knuckles as I got them wrong but did find a good video from fast eddy on YouTube to show more clearly the correct fitting

82a49bf132903f883f909e582cee4fa5.jpg

cbd58dd51fd39e758d18f5178209b3f5.jpg

Oops wrong way round

6719930c7d22c8df7c3239ced132200d.jpg

Shock built its worth taking your time on these make sure you get the right amount of oil so they all work the same again a found a very useful video on you tube

• Like 2

Had a bit of a fiddle this morning before work, hopefully my electrics should turn up today [emoji2]

Axels fitted

8082adeacd37693881ac7b360f189e29.jpg

215431b39b090b52042c986caea11957.jpg

5d06083d7e3937f9bad9f4b23cb676c8.jpg

A little bit of rebuilding required on these after I put them together wrong [emoji31]

Gear box built but I forgot to photo it

c9a7f35798d2b1430606e36a05f5e37f.jpg

9ddbecb468028247ba345b38b95eb971.jpg

• Like 1

Coming along nicely, remember and take your time with the build, build it once, build it right :thumbsup: I know it can be easier said than done especially when you're itching to use a new kit.

I'd recommend Plastidip myself, you can get a 250ml tin off of ebay for less than

• Like 1

Coming along nicely, remember and take your time with the build, build it once, build it right :thumbsup: I know it can be easier said than done especially when you're itching to use a new kit.

I'd recommend Plastidip myself, you can get a 250ml tin off of ebay for less than

They are bead lock wheels so do not need glueing  :thumbsup:

yay i hate gluing tyres!

so i assume the tyre needs to sit over the inner part of the rim so its clamped on with the 2 outer parts? the instructions aren't very clear on this

yay i hate gluing tyres!

so i assume the tyre needs to sit over the inner part of the rim so its clamped on with the 2 outer parts? the instructions aren't very clear on this

I also hate gluing tyres.

That's correct, put the foam in the tyres first, then seat the bead on the centre piece, take your time putting on the two outer parts to ensure the tyre is seated correctly. Tighten the bolts up in a cross pattern gently then go round them again to nip them up tight.

They can be a bit fiddly to get started, some people use a few longer bolts just to get them started then use the correct short bolts.

Edited by The Dark Knight

I also hate gluing tyres.

That's correct, put the foam in the tyres first, then seat the bead on the centre piece, take your time putting on the two outer parts to ensure the tyre is seated correctly. Tighten the bolts up in a cross pattern gently then go round them again to nip them up tight.

They can be a bit fiddly to get started, some people use a few longer bolts just to get them started then use the correct short bolts.

ok thanks for the tips i will give it a go, is it worth putting weights in the wheels?

ok thanks for the tips i will give it a go, is it worth putting weights in the wheels?

Some people put weight in the wheels or at least used to as far as I know. But that will create rotating mass which isn't that good for your drivetrain. Most people fit beef tubes into the axles instead. If you contact Banners on here he makes and sells them along with other nice parts. He's also on Facebook under his shop front, Loaded Ox.

Well I decided to go for the tekin setup

d310a98e478a9c6615c2d24fdef03349.jpg

Need to get some extra wire & work out where I'm gonna mount it, also need to work out the best way of getting the battery up front

1d6cac559152e98fc437c299560f0f43.jpg

Got the cage built up with the interior fitted looks pretty smart had to paint it quite a few times as I kept seeing bits I had missed

e8460892d24ef023455a5864978a7eb2.jpg

Definitely need to invest in a battery screwdriver as I have a blister from doing the wheel build[emoji53]

• Like 1

Nice, did you get the hotwire for the Tekin system? 

The build is looking good so far. Do the shocks feel good? Did they go together ok?

hotwire? they will be when i solder them hehehe couldn't resist that one :whistling:

cheers mate yeah the shock feel good i took my time & made sure they all felt the same no issues with assembly 

Evening guys I'm looking at my options for installing the receiver & esc i was thinking of mounting it all in the rear where the battery would of been, i was thinking of getting a box like this to fit it all in & help with the waterproofing i just wondered if there will be any problems with heat for the tekin fx-r esc?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/hammond-general-purpose-abs-enclosure-black-100x50x25mm-n69bq