• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How are you spending Summer Break - Care to share?

PetrolHeads RC

How will you be spending your time this summer, would you like to enlighten us?
Personally myself will be remote control bashing & I have a project on the way, where  I'll be building a Pro-kart/Shifter-Kart. 
I'll make a topic on my project shortly. I would love any suggestions & constructive options are much appreciated. :)

Going to pendine. A 7 mile long beach with dunes :) . But just for a week :/ .

I wish we had big sand dunes in the West Sussex area, Is it a open beach for anything like buggies & quad's or just walker's & beach bathers?  Have a great time  :)

Should be good :) . Were taking our toddler . He'll love the beach. I'm taking a mini monster truck & a mini desert buggy. I can't wait to bash them in the dunes. It'll be a full strip down when we get back. But it'll be worth it :)

• Like 1

Summer plans are as follows....

If the house sells then move house. Give up rc for 6months while we get everything settled and then ask for a new console for Xmas I think

• Like 1

Summer plans are as follows....

If the house sells then move house. Give up rc for 6months while we get everything settled and then ask for a new console for Xmas I think

Sounds like a plan, moving somewhere nice?

What console you prefer or planning to get, personally I'm a PC gamer but am pretty open to both consoles.

Anyway I hope the move goes smoothly  :thumbsup:

Not moving far. About 5 mins drive from where I am now, just need more space.

Console wise I think Xbox. I used to play a lot of pc games but don't have a lot of time anymore so the turn it on and play appeals. Rather than turn on Mac. Boot windows vm. Wait for steam load game. play

Not much of a social gamer and prefer story driven stuff. I might not get a console at all. Only time will tell.

Edited by Madmini
  • Like 1

Not moving far. About 5 mins drive from where I am now, just need more space.

Console wise I think Xbox. I used to play a lot of pc games but don't have a lot of time anymore so the turn it on and play appeals. Rather than turn on Mac. Boot windows vm. Wait for steam load game. play

Not much of a social gamer and prefer story driven stuff. I might not get a console at all. Only time will tell.

Are you looking forward to any particular games coming out this year? I'm pretty excited for Need for Speed 2015, Fallout 4, Rainbow Six Siege & Black Ops III (Only for zombies :xd: )

Working, I hope. I have just finished college and ill be starting my apprenticeship mid August so I need to find a part time job!!!  

That's good, what kind of job are you hoping for? 

I also just finished college for the term, was studying BTEC Art, Design & Photography Level 2 however going to retake it in September & focus more on the photography side.

Good luck, hope you get the job you looking for.  :thumbsup:

Edited by PetrolHeads RC

well as it's the UK and we only have one good day of summer weather.  i will have to pack everything into that day.  lol

Yes, that's the nature of UK weather, unfortunately. It's very 50/50. One time I was running the Baja 5B down at the beach on a sunny day, no clouds in sight & then it starts to chuck it down without any waring.

Have a great day & make the most of it :)

That's good, what kind of job are you hoping for? 

I also just finished college for the term, was studying BTEC Art, Design & Photography Level 2 however going to retake it in September & focus more on the photography side.

Good luck, hope you get the job you looking for.  :thumbsup:

I've just done a lv3 engineering course.

• Like 1

I've got a few rc's to build. My pan car, my hyper 7, my sprint car ready for oval and I'm off to Cornwall so the sidewinder and firestorm will be coming with me. The girlfriends brother and me will no doubt build a track on the beach

Oh yeah, I'm doing the much more gp Carlisle round too

Edited by Daveyb84
  • Like 1

I'm gonna spend the summer bashing the slayer a plenty and worrying about my results :')

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great, hopefully, nothing breaks but then again that's half of the fun except spending money for repairs. What kind of results?

Have a great time nevertheless :)

I've got a few rc's to build. My pan car, my hyper 7, my sprint car ready for oval and I'm off to Cornwall so the sidewinder and firestorm will be coming with me. The girlfriends brother and me will no doubt build a track on the beach

Oh yeah, I'm doing the much more gp Carlisle round too

I love building RC's but only if I could more time to. Cornwall's a pretty nice bashing area, enjoy building the track & have a great summer  :thumbsup:

Edited by PetrolHeads RC

Well, in 6 months since getting it only broken bits are bearings and a split exhaust coupler :b and I'm waiting for my A level results, see if I've done well enough to meet my university offer :b

• Like 1

Working.

But got 10 days off starting next Wednesday.

Going to see my stepdad and brother who still live in Portugal (moved there when I was 12, moved back here 2 years ago).

Going to Nos Alive festival when I'm out there :)

Here nothing planned

• Like 1

Well, in 6 months since getting it only broken bits are bearings and a split exhaust coupler :b and I'm waiting for my A level results, see if I've done well enough to meet my university offer :b

Well best of luck, hope everything goes alright  :thumbsup:

Working.

But got 10 days off starting next Wednesday.

Going to see my stepdad and brother who still live in Portugal (moved there when I was 12, moved back here 2 years ago).

Going to Nos Alive festival when I'm out there :)

Here nothing planned

'Isn't work just fun' But it's got to be done.

Enjoy your 10 day's off, at least Portugal is guaranteed good weather most of the time.

Nevertheless have a great summer  :)

• Like 1

The same as every other day for the last 'x' years....whatever I please and at no cost to anyone but me ;)

Probably the best way to go about it, definitely something that I would do. Anyway have a great summer & enjoy it with whatever you decide to do  :thumbsup: