• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Zombi's Axial SCX-10

Zombi

RC4WD came through with the replacement bumper :D  So I've sold the other one, meaning the bumper now only cost me 3 quid!

I'm really struggling with this Wraith interior though. The problem I'm finding is the battery mounting position interferes with the new interior - the front nearly touches the bottom of the battery tray. So in order to make it fit, I'd need to chop off a load of the front from the interior, meaning that when you look into the cockpit, you'd see the holes.

If I mount the battery length-wise at the front, the fit is better and I'd barely need to chop anything out, but I hear that because the centre of gravity will be much higher it damages handling too much - any thoughts on or experience with that guys?

If your running Nimhs, they yes it can be a bit off balance but if your running lipos then at the rear will be just fine, the "little" weight of the lipo will help keep keep the bum down when descending :good:

I mean up front mate - both options are for mounting up front. i didn't mount it in the rear as i heard that REALLY messes up performance when climbing.

What I'm on about is mount the battery cross ways or length ways, both at the front.

Cross ways is really low down and helps with CoG, length ways has to be higher on the chassis, thus causing the CoG to be higher and therefore it can topple more easily. In theory. So I'm just wondering if you lot have had any experience with this or not.

Never heard such nonsense then......

As I say, if it's a Nimhs, as Low as possible over the front axle, with lipo there's not a lot of difference but in my time, the battery 2s as always been great in the back, concentrated in keep the tyres into the ground and its served me well for the last 8 years of running scx10's and I have tried both ways up front with Nimhs and lipo and switched it round to "my" settings......

I doubt you'd fit that big LiPo in the front anyway Mark, room is tight between the body posts... Plus you'd have to have it high to clear the servo anyway.

This is one issue guys run into who run front mounted and also 3s, so you've the worst of both worlds as far as interiors go.

I - like Gaz - run my battery at the rear and it performs IMO, even better than the front, I've ran both for a fair amount of time for testing purposes.

You might suffer more though because of the sheer size of your battery.

• Like 1

The crazy yellow does fit in there actually, but with that said I have two smaller 3.6a batts that are much more subtle and I'm going to use those.  

Well I've decided to keep the battery where it is, reasoning being that I don't want to jeopardise handing by making it top heavy. These lipos are pretty heavy still, and I'd rather not end up unbalanced just for the sake of adding a driver - I want to enjoy driving the thing and not be frustrated with it.

So I've chopped off more of the interior up-front and it fits on the chassis nicely now. Once Arnie and Windrix are in, plus the roll cage and roof rack, I doubt it'll even make much difference as no one will be able to see that far down into the cockpit anyways.

I feel better having made a decision, it's been killing me for a week now!!! 

Edited by Zombi

Thing is fella, crawling has sooo many variables in how a rig can be tuned, all anyone can offer is a baseline starter, how your rig drives is how you want it to.

All these experts that are around nowadays have a completely different approach to crawling and scaling, mud and water are not necessary to enjoy a truck.....

So best advise is, play about with it until your happy with how it drives :good:

• Like 2

Absolutely agree... Also, you may get it set up perfect for your driving now... Then when you've become a bit more capable and your skills evolve and you learn what it can do, you might want to set it up differently.

I know mine has undergone a lot of fine tuning and still is now 300+ miles later... Don't get too caught up in the 'now' set up, because the chances of it being like that in a months time are very slim :)

I decided upon keeping the COG low and just chopping some of the interior floor out.

Now it fits perfectly :D

I reasoned that once the boys are in, then the roll cage, then the roof rack, it'll be almost impossible to see inside the cockpit proper anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk