• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Zombi's Axial SCX-10

Zombi

Yeah I'll get me another steel one.  I've just done some winching and you could see the bumper flexing, but it did do the business though...

This ground hook was made by one of the GOWTT guys for me, we named it "The Predator" :D

P1040462_zpsuu8cwmg9.jpg

P1040463_zpsyqlxr5ok.jpg

Another impressive build indeed! You're attention to detail is amazing- "if it's worth doing..."

What size are those Traxxas Teflon you use to shim the MIP-pinion?

• Like 1

Aye it was flexing a fair old bit. I'm investigating options for a custom steel bumper so fear ye not :D

Ideally I want to use my Werty stinger but need it extending so it protects my body shell. If the plastic one does actually give out, then i'll still have the Werty stinger to fall back on in whatever state it is.

Yeah I've chatted with Gaz in the past about such things actually so may well be tapping him up to see what's what.  Meanwhile, look what arrived from the land of the free today - some scale treats!

Although I have that ace 'claw' of a land anchor from Mat, I also wanted a scale replica too, so I bagged me one of these. I'm going to paint it red though, the raw silver just doesn't appeal.  I also got a RC4WD King Kong shackle for it too. Compared to the YeahRacing ones I have, the construction quality of it is far superior, but I should hope so for the price difference.

P1040464_zpsdnugaa9b.jpg

P1040465_zpsfsvjc6ib.jpg

P1040466_zpsvfj3uifk.jpg

Also got some sleeping bags, fuel cans, and some scale bungee cord for when I get a roof rack.  Foolishly I bought different brand sleeping bags so they're significantly different in size. If the larger HR one looks too big, I might cut it down a bit.

P1040468_zps1zug8rfh.jpg

P1040469_zpszhqnjerf.jpg

P1040470_zpsrcoquymh.jpg

I'm not sure where I'm going to mount stuff yet, but i'll have fun figuring it out no doubt. I'm really not sure which roof rack to get, as they all seem somewhat too small for the Dingo. Feel free to make suggestions, chaps.

So just as with the Yeti, I had to make a custom logo for this thing. A colleague at work gets them done in vinyl by his ex-mrs for me - can't wait to get these stuck to the MP! :D

Mud%20Pig%20Logo2_zpsd6iroakf.png

• Like 2

Today progress proceeds apace. Rear light sockets reamed out and installed. I'm using the Axial light bucket set pieces - 4x 5mm red and 2x 3mm orange.  If the yellows don't look right with the orange LEDs when they turn on, I'll use some clear lenses and colour them orange with my Sharpies.

P1040476_zps7h5lnyex.jpg

P1040472_zpsadlyjn6z.jpg

P1040475_zpsvqperngn.jpg

P1040473_zpsp2bgsuac.jpg

• Like 1

Today progress proceeds apace. Rear light sockets reamed out and installed. I'm using the Axial light bucket set pieces - 4x 5mm red and 2x 3mm orange.  If the yellows don't look right with the orange LEDs when they turn on, I'll use some clear lenses and colour them orange with my Sharpies.

P1040476_zps7h5lnyex.jpg

P1040472_zpsadlyjn6z.jpg

P1040475_zpsvqperngn.jpg

P1040473_zpsp2bgsuac.jpg

Looks really good mate keep it up!

• Like 1

Got all the wiring for the fogs and the rear body lights done tonight. Pretty time consuming stuff, making all those looms, but it's well worth it in the end. The pics don't do them lighting justice, and it's hard to make out the orange from the red being so close to one another in the spectrum and all.

Here's how I made the loom for the rears, I managed to keep it all tidy too :D

P1040477_zpsyplhwthq.jpg

P1040478_zpsmxjmpxku.jpg

P1040483_zpsexen2ool.jpg

P1040484_zpsylvelhlu.jpg

P1040485_zps3ywdawlg.jpg

P1040486_zpstn5hs6lm.jpg

And the finished result!  The flat top LEDs make sure a visual difference over the domed ones, I think I'm going to have to put them in the headlights too - which get done tomorrow.  The HeyOK! switch is working a treat, I might have to get the 3-way switch so I can control two circuits and separate out the fogs or something.

P1040482_zpsp9lcigm7.jpg

P1040481_zpssrqfnnhc.jpg

P1040480_zps1f2hdr5g.jpg

• Like 2

Front lights all done! You can about make out the orange indicator light in some of the pics, in person it's quite distinct though thankfully :)

Over all I'm rather pleased with the lighting on this thing now. I've ordered the 5 light bucket roof bar, so will get that installed when it turns up.

One question to you all - how best to secure those LEDs in there? Shall I just blob a bit of shoe goo on each one or something?  It wont eat away the paint, will it?

P1040487_zpsf5kn22jl.jpg

P1040488_zpshumnrozb.jpg

P1040489_zpseffqkian.jpg

P1040490_zpsu2ehojp3.jpg

P1040491_zpsh5lxasgf.jpg

P1040492_zpshowr854t.jpg