• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

clone side pipe on shorty baja ? will it fit?

scotty1986

hi all been looking at sidepipes and seen a clone of the vrc silenced side pipe http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rovan-baja-exhaust-pipe-high-speed-tuned-pipe-for-5b-5t-5sc-baja-gases-/281377700711?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41836afb67 anyone used one?? how do they compare to a dom ??

main thing is will it fit on my shorty what is 45mm shorter than stock??

If memory serves, it does, it's quite close to the front arms, but I'm sure their was a guy who'd cut 5cm off his and he had a Victory on his.

As I say, it was quite close to the front arm, but it did fit, I'll try and find the thread.

EDIT; His is actually a GBE, but he cut 60mm off his and it fits, JUST lol... http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/showthread.php?30076-Shorty-Build&p=369259&viewfull=1#post369259

Edited by Oh How Original

can you find adaptor tubes with snakes and likes added. maybe routing the rear pipework could help shift the pipe back a few cm.

and i wonder this to looking at cookies picture does it not look like that pipes exit curve would fit just lovely behind the shock tower up front 

so the pipe snakes over the top of the front end behind the shock tower and exits on the other side, rotate the pipe round so it snaked over

the front but behind the shock tower, that leaves the arms all free ? 

Damn, that buggy does look very nice and aggressive. If I smash up my sc body I might try a 5b mayb a shorty but would I be able to swap back if I brought a shortend chassis.

Are the shorties much smaller?

Hi bud love my shorty good and responsive tight turning circle and very lively, you could just pickup a used chassis and cut down yourself, keep other chassis in case you want to swap back, I cut 6cm out of mine about the shortest you can go with keeping stock fuel tank and cutting battery box in half, some lads cut 4.5cm so gives that little extra to put a lippo in behind battery box, my battery I have to keep under front shock tower its out the way seems to be ok, although 6cm dosent sound much when next to a full size Baja they do look short go for it your enjoy bud :thumbsup:

Well if memory serves, the 'typical' length people cut out is 37mm isn't it? If memory serves, that's so you can still use two of the pre-drilled holes to marry the two chassis' together, and just drill two of your own.

I've fancied a shorty a few times, and if we end up moving and I can't use my other RC's, I might as well build one as I'll have plenty of spare cash :lol:

mine is cabletied to the inside of my roof ,, cant be seen with the windows and it and it aint budging at all,, i could if i chose to run a smaller 8th scale hump pack and fit it in my rx box and just take a spare one when i go out as it wouldnt give huge run times

It is 4.5 cm is the usual cut for a shorty leaves two holes to line up from , 6 cm takes all holes out have to redrill and countersink new ones, battery mine slides under front shock tower, I use a 5 cell 4600 all in a row I just strap in with chunky cable tie front nose cone goes over that