• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Two new Maverick minis bring lineup to six models!

53HRA

The 1/18th scale range of iON vehicles from Maverick has been expanded with two brand new models that take the iON line to SIX total models!

Now ready to order and available in July are the new iON RX rallycross car and iON DT desert truck! The two new vehicles join the already available iON XB buggy, iON XT truck, iON MT monster truck and iON SC short course truck, which have also been updated with new paint designs, wheels, electronics and more! 

gallery_4895_8_534972.png

gallery_4895_8_224722.png

gallery_4895_8_1003073.png

Features:

• Fully assembled 1/18th scale 4WD vehicles complete with radio, battery and charger
  • NEW iON RX rallycross car with realistic rally hatchback body and racing wing
  • NEW iON DB desert buggy with full roll cage and large racing wing
  • NEW for all iON kits: MSRS-248 2-in-1 Waterproof 2.4 GHz receiver/ESC
  • NEW for all iON kits: Maverick Element 7.2V 1200mAh Ni-MH battery
  • NEW for all iON kits: MTX-248 2.4Ghz 2Ch iON transmitter
  • MM-28 370 Motor
  • MS-28 steering servo
  • Protective gear cover
  • Molded tub chassis with optimized weight distribution
  • Rebuildable oil-filled shocks with progressive springs
  • Dual-point steering with integrated servo saver
  • NEW for all iON kits: gold-colored shock tops
  • Fully independent double A-arm wishbone suspension
  • Tough C-hub front steering knuckles
  • Tough, efficient 4WD drivetrain
  • Front and rear gear differentials
  • Fully ball bearing supported drive train
  • Factory-finished, pre-painted and decaled bodyshells
  • NEW for all iON kits: range of gold-anodized aluminum option parts available 

Source: Liverc :) 

Just wish they would have made them brushless and redesigned the diffs rather than a new line of with the same brushed set up and weak diffs

Edited by mydoddy69

two of them light bars ontop of that dt would fit my twin hammer just nice. 

would fill in the front hole on the d90 landys with sparkling sheaths of light.

DT looks like what i did with the rc18b a long time ago.

i took a rear shock tower and bolted to the front ran same length rear shocks upfront

and had that same look, in them days we did not have dt bodys, i had my very own custom body pulled to fit

a rc18b running a dual rear tower setup. ( only one of these bodys ever got made , it looks like an rc18t truck body but has a larger bonnet scoop.)

im thinking if they are hpi r&d named then something like a mini recon diff may fit ? few shims maybe ?

I do like the dt. Are the diff's that bad. I've got an old maverick atom. I put a 35amp ESC & brush less motor in it,it's stupidly fast & the diff's are fine ( ball diff's I think). The only problem with it is the crappy body & that the shock caps always pop off :/

Plastic case with these inside...

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/125691/

Just 2 small and 2 large....with composite outdrives plugged in. Not a setup you would want to put serious power through. It's fine for the stock brushed motor, but any properly powerful brushless setup is going to chew those apart in no time.

Oh dear :( . They look horrendously similar to the diff's in the mlst2. As anyone who owned one knows, they were absolutely bloody awful. So awful that losi stopped making the truck because it was getting them a bad name.

They are perfectly fine for bashing around :) ... which is kinda what they are ment for. Great value. And for me.. the brushed stock versions are perfectly fast enough for such a little car that a brushless is just overkill :)

K