• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is there a way to make my nitro rc faster,?

Wirralnitronoob

Just curious,is there a way to make my nitro rc faster and is there anywhere i could buy upgraded parts,? Example: (not sure what its called) but where the wheels are connected to the suspension there is a plastic thing that connects to the chassis,could i get metal ones as these would be a weak point of snapping in my opoinion

How long is a piece of string?

Which model got an engine size?

Edited by R46

The truck is a hobao monster pirate(ultra heavy an underpowered) need too upgrade engine to 28 or 30 for torque an tuned pipe. buggy is thunder tiger tomahawk st it's more a lite rally than off roader.

There no alloy parts for tomahawk range, limited to none hopp ups for them...

Edited by R46
  • Like 1

The wheels look different sizes even in one of the pics... dunno if it's just me but they look kinda small, alright for a buggy but if it's the St then it might require slightly bigger, plus a non 1/8 buggy body [emoji106] [emoji11]

Plus as a rule of thumb you don't really want ally arms as they will cause more breakages of everything they're connected to

P's that's what the St is supposed to look like lol[emoji23]

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/206325-Thunder-Tiger-Tomahawk-St

Edited by Relativenewbyseb
  • Like 1

Gear up should give you the cheapest speed boost.

Do you want fast off the line or higher top speed.

The bigger the pinion the higher the speed.

The smaller the spur the higher the speed.

Don't jump too high tho or you could over heat it but nitro can handle it usually.

Big speed boost put

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Im hearing theres alot wrong with this nitro rc,last time i buy one off gumtree but hey u live u learn lol,the preveous owner must have made it up out of two broken rcs or something,wrong wheels and wrong shell pluss the front wheel keeps coming off,ive been scammed clearly lol bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aha I guess you win some and lose some with gumtree, it's where I got my current firestorm from for 60 quid so I'm very happy with it [emoji106]

Not meaning to offend you or anything but could you not tell it wasn't quite right by looking at it. .. [emoji12] [emoji2]

• Like 2

Aha I guess you win some and lose some with gumtree, it's where I got my current firestorm from for 60 quid so I'm very happy with it [emoji106]

Not meaning to offend you or anything but could you not tell it wasn't quite right by looking at it. .. [emoji12] [emoji2]

no mate im a complete noob so im non the wiser,i got them then opend this forum,ill be sure tk run anything thru on here of my future purchases though

• Like 1

There is one sure fire way to make your nitro go faster, save hours of cleaning, trying to get it to hold a tune and be kinder to the environment:

Convert it to brushless.

:)

Check out bez on here then you'll see for yourself...[emoji106]

Or just any of the brushless examples on here, one of the most popular models on here for newbies as a reliable basher the hpi e firestorm is brushless and will hit 50+ with ease, have fun with that with a lot of nitros [emoji6]

They have a different appeal to out and out brushless powaa

Edited by Relativenewbyseb

• 2 weeks later...

it wasnt at one time leccy and nitro were about even stevens. 

then some dude invented a brushless motor that was 10 times faster than standard brushed motors

and required less if any work to them in way of repair / replacement brushes. 

then so other chemical head minded geeks designed a battery that was made with lithium powders

more unstable than lead acid but a super huge current release and ability to be charged fast in an hour.

unlike lead acid and old tech batterys they liked slow and long charges. 

now us rc peeps we got our hands on some of this new gear way way back and. the result is what you have now.

electric powered machines that can top 100+ mph. 

bez and all the guys in rossa will tell you this, in their time searching for the ultimate goal they spend more time fixing

than pulling blistering runs, or more time tweeking and rebuilding and modeling and testing.

SPEED = MONEY + TIME + Breakages 

Speed + Mass = Force .............. it can do 140mph but it wont do that no more if something goes wrong or the car goes belly up.

that then means large repair costs and replacement.

• Like 1

Whaaaat,really i wanna brushless car man, ive noticed threads on here taking old nitros and making them brushless,this is something in the future i would really like to do, so firat off can i convert most nitros into brushless with lipos,? Or do they take specific chassis or whatever,? From what ive gatherd,to convert a nitro to brushless i could start off with an old nitro car,strip it of the engine and evrything nitro and just pus a brushless motor in place of it,? Or am i waaaay off lol

Remove all nitro parts, ie engine, fuel tank, throttle servo, fit brushless motor with suitable mount, a speed controller and battery with suitable strap. Job done. It's not that simple if you need to make a custom motor mount. But it's easy enough to do.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Might buy an old broken nitro rc then and convert her to brushless

Ideally u want a half decent roller to convert...i'd personally say hyper7 as there solid tried n tested basher parts everywere an cheap .....or a hyper st if u want a truggy ...again tried n tested basher parts everywere and both easy conversions.....