• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

scoobies was a 5b then a 5T, now a 5b again!

Scoobie007

im completely neutral, purely added for the splash of colour :thumbsup: .....

I only noticed it because it was orange ;)

What upgrades are you planning?...if it needs any.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

so bit of an update, added a few bits to the baja over the last month, uber rear bumper, dom v2 and a team chase cage.  typically after adding a new i-rc front upper plate and a turtle racing shock brace / tower, i decided to go for a 5t conversion, which meant i had to purchase some new shiny bits to allow for the additional 5t mounts....shame :thumbsup:, anyway, a quick before and after before the mrs came home and moaned about the mess :xd:

i decided to keep the 5b's rpm fron bumper, as i doubt i will ever run a 5t / 5sc shell, just make up some mesh panels.

20150520_180132.jpg

20150520_180146.jpg

20150520_202914.jpg

20150520_202928.jpg

20150520_202946.jpg

• Like 3

bucket of really hot water, vaseline, makes things a lot easier.

I can't believe this was missed, but:

TWSS.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

best looking side pipe imo, my son thinks it looks like a giant slug lol, looking closely at inside the manifold i was a bit disapointed with the quality of the finish, could do with a dremel to clean up the welds and edges....

I cleaned up the inside of the manifold on my DOM clone as it was quite poor..... engine picked up better..... don't know if it was because of the smoother, less restrictive manifold or just a placebo effect.

I will give it a clean up next week when im home, was quite shocked at the quality of the inside of the manifold, im not at home at the moment, so i cant look again, maybe i remember it being worse than it actually is.....

I didnt think the finnish in the bzm was all that good, they look good on the out side like everything does, but the inside could be improved for sure,

Thats maybe what it is Dan if your blowing seals gaskets, if it's hanging around in the wrong places its going to escape for sure, out were you don't wont it to, lol! Iv managed to get a file in my dom header and clean that up a bit, theres a lip all the way round, we're the weld is, lol! Its never right for the exhaust, who ever makes them haven't a clue about gas flow :)

That wont be the reason your going through o ring. I ran mine a whole summer without cleaning it up... the bit where it seals is nice and smooth.

I had trouble of orings melting/not sealing last year, find the size(cant remember of the top of my head and get some heat resistant ones from ebay. There is a special name for them(again cant remember)

Welding with a purge would leave a lovely finish on the inside. Done correctly it looks like it's been welded from both sides.

Proper competition exhausts are welded in this way to improve airflow. Plus this being 2 stroke which relys on the exhaust to help it run properly.

A purge is simply shielding gas released into the exhaust itself after nearly sealing the ends. Fed in at just over atmospheric pressure it sheilds the weld from both sides.

Very nice, what G290 did you go for? I see its full mod, was it a long block?

Well jim, it was supposed to be a complete engine, a zen g290 full mod, what i received was butchered engine out of a km or rovan, anyway refund was issued in full today, so its back to the drawing board, most likely either a scotty pro mx, or an obr of some sort.....

Wow that sounds bad!

Where from?

Mines a MX G290 so I'd love to see what a pro mx goes like.

It was from 'as modified', apparently he was all over various fb forums last year for building rubbish and selling cheap inferior parts as genuine zenoah, unfortunately, only recently getting back into 1:5 scale, i wasnt active in any of the forums or groups so didnt see any of it, and i ended up buying one, typically after i paid for it, he started popping up on all the forums again, so i knew what to expect unfortunately. Needless to say i had a case opened the day it arrived, and i was refunded today, so a word of caution, if anyone mentions an 'AS Modified' engine, steer clear lol.

• Like 2

Partially my fault as I bought one and mentioned the bloke to Andy.

Unfortunately I was around when he was doing it last time but didn't read a single thing about him :(

Definitely an idiot to avoid!

Dont worry about it mate, fully refunded so no bother, i think in the end he was actually happy to give us our money back, he even gave me a refund before id even got round to getting the mrs to post it back to him, so we obviously rattled his cage, hopefully he will think twice before trying to pass his junk of as genuine goods.....he will no doubt surface again at some point, sell a few more engines, probably get away with it for a while too unfortunately :-/

The fool only has to sell to newbs and he'll be gaining confidence again. I've had something from a guy called DLMDR I think he just tuned up an engine like obr would. But DLMDR will use km engine parts on zen bottom end ect ect to make a mix mash engine. 

Avoid him too, he might be ok at tuning porting ect but nobody wants to pay above zen prices for someone's experiments lol. 

Did you sell the chase cage? Pm me if you have it plz.