• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

scoobies was a 5b then a 5T, now a 5b again!

Scoobie007

Silicone spry is the trick, i didn't struggle at all, i put the extra hard compound on, and iv fitted the hard compound to, i didn't struggle at a they go straight on no messing, silicone saw bench spray ;) hope this helps if your struggling with them.

Im supposed to take them off lol ;-)

Just getting the bottom of the shock to sit correctly back in the rear arm so i can push the screw through is a pita, its well tight, took god knows how many attempts aided with a set of needle nose plyers, even swearing and threats didnt help lol

• 2 weeks later...

Some turtle racing 'bling' added tonight, along with a set of hostile front tyres.....

Looks good mate what are the orange things on the engine cover?

Also what price range was your baja in?...gives me a rough benchmark if I decide to buy one in summer.

Cheers

I don't know why people struggle with MX's... Never had any issues, get them lined up and just pull 'em on, use some elbow grease, you aren't going to rip them!

It's looking really nice Andy... If you ever fancy selling those windows, they'd look good on my badger I reckon ;)

they went on far easier than the rears.  As you say, 'line em up, and pull em on, same hard compound as the rears, but much easier to manipulate, just a ball ache with all the nuts and bolts on the beadlocks.

Also what price range was your baja in?...gives me a rough benchmark if I decide to buy one in summer.

Cheers

Hostile air scoop; http://www.davesmotors.com/hostile-heat-shield-scoop-for-hpi-baja-5b-5t-5sc-.html

they went on far easier than the rears.  As you say, 'line em up, and pull em on, same hard compound as the rears, but much easier to manipulate, just a ball ache with all the nuts and bolts on the beadlocks.

I prefer running Silverback screws instead, but if that's what it came with then stick with it.

I don't mind fitting them to be honest, I might just be used to it from doing so many pairs lol.

its a hostile heat deflector, supposed to stop heat affecting the rear shock tower, no idea if it works, it was in my parts box.  Just fitted it as i think the orange breaks up the black / silver colour scheme......

Its to deflect the heat from the clutch isn't it, stop the engine heat warming the clutch up, maybe wrong but that's what i thought it was ;)

The new Hostile heat shield redirects the hot air blown off the motor. Many people have noticed that the right rear shock is always the first to require a rebuild while racers notice the right rear shock is the first get warm and fade. This air

Most unusual whatever it does, or doesn't do lol.

Never noticed a shock fading myself... Has anyone else? (just peaked my curiosity now)

im completely neutral, purely added for the splash of colour :thumbsup: .....