• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Who watches moto gp?

flatout!

4 engines? What's got that in it?

If drop cylinders, etc., ... only a total of 4 MPU's permitted (mechanical power units) before penalties incurred.

It does advance technology by the 'big guys' to eventually pass down to us.

I've sort of gone off topic to the OP, but looking at the 7 year old car I had when I started driving and my 7 year old Civic now - literally in a different century.

This is through the development forced in highly competitive environments, like racing (and warfare unfortunately).

Al.

• Like 1

I got into bike racing when I was younger watching Foggy in wsb, it was good seeing Bayliss riding in wsb other week. Love Moto gp, World and British superbikes. Next wsb round is this weekend, then Moto gp on 29th March and finally British sb on 3rd/4th April. Hopefully Rossi can compete with Marquez more this season. Also like TT. If you want a good book to read Rossi autobiography is good. Bike racing is so much better then F1.

F1, moto gp no comparison at all, f1 has to many rule and regulations, the bike racing isn't far off as it started back in the day, can anyone else see that a post as been put on on this thred? Its not telling me that there's a post on here?

F1, moto gp no comparison at all, f1 has to many rule and regulations, the bike racing isn't far off as it started back in the day, can anyone else see that a post as been put on on this thred? Its not telling me that there's a post on here?

30 replies. 172 views.

Al.

get yourself in a tent for the weekend, thats the best bit :)

I don't mind the tent, but I'm not sh---ing in a bucket! :lol: :lol:

Also not a fan of Bernies billionaire circus myself, find it pretty pathetic in fact, which is rather hypocritical considering I love the F1 games.

Not a sports fan in general, apart from Snooker.

Dad's insisting we go watch the bikes this year though.

Edited by Oh How Original

I don't mind the tent, but I'm not sh---ing in a bucket! :lol: :lol:

Also not a fan of Bernies billionaire circus myself, find it pretty pathetic in fact, which is rather hypocritical considering I love the F1 games.

Not a sports fan in general, apart from Snooker.

Dad's insisting we go watch the bikes this year though.

do as your told! Your going lol! I can just hear ya dad pmsl! :)

I always make time for moto gp :) even if it means putting stuff off, but iv never had a 5th scale before, and iv got a sneaky feeling the 5th scale is going to win,?

What you reckon guys MOTO GP or RC RACING? Its a tuff one for me

MOTO GP RC RACING !!!!! 

hell yeah a nice true to scale replica of the cadwell jump, i would be wanting to get my rc superbike running.

everyone to there own, i got into bikes as a young teen riding old honda cub 50-70-90cc step throughs.

then upgraded to the old H100 - rs100 engines and fitted them into honda MT50 bike frames ( pulling wheelies in third gear on throttle kick only)

the RD 250twin got me in trouble, clocked at 65mph in second gear , no licence mot or tax. silly road testing, but the local bobby understood

told us to get rid of it before we ended up dead. it was swaped for a DT175 trial like bike. 

from here i went through YZ80's - KX100, DT125 , KMX125 CR125.

then me and a mate (May he RIP) went halfs on a CR250 .

i loved race bikes but alas im too stupid crazy to ride them,

so i stuck to the scooters and offroaders .

RC bikes i like to, i own a old venom GPV1 and searching for parts and replacements

to get it back into working condition , and painted up in its correct ZXR10 Ninja livery ( the venom bike and its cowl are a very close like to the kwaka ZXR10 race bike )

• Like 1

A mate of mine has plenty cash and he bought a race team, 3 zx10s and a massive artic truck from a British super bike team, awesome,

we went up and down the country to all the British circuits,

even went over to the north west one time,

I was on the tools and another to lads and we had a whale of a time at his exspence lol!

It was the best time i had in years, fantastic man,

as the thred above the bike the guy had above they must of been popular, just about the same as i had, all the club 90s 70s,

the club 70s were the quickest we found , bored them out and they went well, nobbly tyre on the back and front and thrash the hell out of them around our local woods were i go now with my 5th scale,

im starting to get people complaining about the 5th scales now, lol! Makes me laugh you know, we threshed around on noisy bikes 20 years ago and not a complaint,

i just think it's jealousy lol!

Ok its started all iv been watching free practice 1 and 2 for moto 3 and moto 2, Sam lowes is looking promising this round, 2.045 0.

young marquez isn't up there were i thought he was going to be, but theres time, what's jack Miller going to be like on the moto gp bikes this year? Like that lad, like his attitude to the racing world, another Mick doohan on the making hey,

Bradley smith, cal crutchlow, as Scot reading all British riders in the moto gp and in the moto 2 class Sam lowes, come on Sam, used to see him and his brother racing the British 250s with the like of Scott smart, another local lad, come on you British boys let's make a mark :)

Wow what a afternoon, i new a was missing somthing in my life, what a front row, i didn't expect that, ducatis Dovizioso on poll,and Marcus 2nd, and good old perdrosa 3rd, nice interesting front row i think,

and Sam lowes on poll in moto 2, fantastic day iv been watching since Thursday and the race coverage starts at 1.45pm on BT sport, not sure if you'll get hi lights on BT sport tonight, worth watching if ya can :)

Sorry guys my bad, I dosnt start till 16.00 BTsport

Ha arrrrr! Its race day, get in, this is my type of day, Sunday dinner and moto gp? What? What a day, come on Sam lowes in moto 2,

On moto 3

watch out for Danny Kent, British rider, rides a Honda this year, and John mcphee another British rider, Scottish actually, awesome kid,very quick last year, up the Great British Isles i say come on guys ;)

Factory yamaha now have fully seamless shift gearboxs so can maintain corner speed an now can brake atat later then previous season, suzuki is my road bike an glad to see em reappear back in GP  :hahadance:, ducati also gonna be a force this season!

your a side kick, ducati did really well, didn't expect that today, but who says Valentino rossi is past it, ppphhhh! Ye right there talking like 36 is .....old or somthing cheeky buggers :) but ye valley nice one kidda !

Sam. . Sam what happened? Sam lowes crashing out ..... nothing new there then, lol! Poor old Sam never mind texas next and that will be aawesome , don't miss that, and johnny mcphee nice one, British are still up there you no, lol!

Cal crutchlow what can i say, fetched it home though and bradly Smith to, keep it up them to what ya think?

Yep the 2015 Ducati wow is good dam quick, but good old rossi is back and this season is going to be close, Marquez very bad start! And yes well done BS bit getting inbetween 10/12 is where he was last season so needs that bike to perform more so up he goes on the top end of the table

Watch qually but missed race as was working, tried catch up but just clip of final lap no race footage.

Where was Lorenzo Ahead of repsols I hope?

Dovi an gp15 is a strong force!