• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My HPI Baja build

smeghead28

If you set the preload right down, the front wheels should come right up... If that's what you're wanting lol.

Nope,just noting that there seems to be a power increase with the new pipe as it never did it at all with the stock SS one.

Handles the bumps quite nicely as it stands at the moment but I have only tried it in the one area so far.

Had another run tody but with a few small issues.

Exhaust is still a bit leaky but nothing like it was.

Steering been playing up again,the supplied servo horn has basically worn all the splines off it and most of the splines on the servo itself are worn as well :(

I think I have had the servo saver done up too tight and it wasn't saving anything :)

I have ordered this to replace both bits with

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/80598

and loosened the servo saver right out,hopefully between the two that will do the trick.

Steering been playing up again,the supplied servo horn has basically worn all the splines off it and most of the splines on the servo itself are worn as well :(

I think I have had the servo saver done up too tight and it wasn't saving anything :)

and loosened the servo saver right out,hopefully between the two that will do the trick.

Hi did you buy the baja ss kit? If so did you find it any cheaper than modelsport?

If only the ss kit was

I wouldn't bother with that servo arm, get one of these instead.

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/fastrax-jumbo-servo-3-in-1-horns-fast32x.html

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/alloy-servo-horn-silver-for-multiplex-rhino-digi-4-hitec-5755mg-savox-235-and-236.html

I didn't notice that it came with the output gear. Those arms are not very strong though, I managed to strip one on my 1st run.

Mine has held up okay on it's maiden run.

Finally got a full run in without any real issue :)

Didn't realise till I got back home that I had no preload on a couple of the shocks,would explain the bad handling I had.

DSC03066_zpsophoni1q.jpg

Thinking of doing a few bits to this :)

Looking to fit the bits that will enable me to fit either the 5T or 5SC body.

Then getting the Team Chase Cage that will go under the shell.

The idea is to cut off the back end of the shell just behind what would be the doors leaving the rear of the cage exposed.

Along the lines of this

grafil.jpg

but there would be much more cage visible at the back end.

• 2 weeks later...

First off it's not pea green as the picture would suggest,it is darker and more florescent in real life :)

DSC03092_zpsz8uger1e.jpg

I ended up keeping the cage after a fight nearly broke out when I was going to sell it,luckily the buyer understood.

The body is a KM one,suffice to say the quality was pretty bad.

There were stickers all ready applied for the windscreen,side windows and some others.

They must have been slapped on by someone without a clue as half of them were upside down and they were all peeling off with creases galore.

Took a while to peel them off and then had to clean all the sticky residue off after.

Cutting the back end off was a bit tough as some of the angles on the body made for very thick plastic in places.

Cause of the stickers already on there was no film so I had to mask off the whole outside before spraying.

There were no window masks either but my masking effort turned out alright but wouldn't stand up to close examination :)

Wing is only plopped on for now but gives a rough idea of what I am aiming for.

Got a chrome snail going on :)

DSC03053_zpsxtfcxlo9.jpg

Got the silenced version,hopefully it will be quieter than the stock SS exhaust.

Only slight issue was the washer supplied to go onto the bottom bracket was small enought to drop through the slot,luckily had a repair washer that was the right size,other than that fitting it was no problem.

Nice exhaust! What pipe is it? And where you get it from? I'm looking for one at the moment. Don't suppose you have a vid to share so I can hear the roar (or purr since it has a silencer haha)?

Nice exhaust! What pipe is it? And where you get it from? I'm looking for one at the moment. Don't suppose you have a vid to share so I can hear the roar (or purr since it has a silencer haha)?

It's a Dominator V2 silenced,it is still quite loud even though it is silenced!

The stock SS pipe is even louder and not nice at all :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goV_vGkM6N0&feature=youtu.be

Sounds nice but does the silencer make any difference to the performance?

No idea.

It is fitted on and not a seperate piece although you could remove the baffle insert and try it that way.

There isn't much in the silencer section,it's not stuffed full of wadding.

Certainly not slow if that helps :)

First off it's not pea green as the picture would suggest,it is darker and more florescent in real life :)

DSC03092_zpsz8uger1e.jpg

I ended up keeping the cage after a fight nearly broke out when I was going to sell it,luckily the buyer understood.

There were stickers all ready applied for the windscreen,side windows and some others.

They must have been slapped on by someone without a clue as half of them were upside down and they were all peeling off with creases galore.

Took a while to peel them off and then had to clean all the sticky residue off after.

Cutting the back end off was a bit tough as some of the angles on the body made for very thick plastic in places.

Cause of the stickers already on there was no film so I had to mask off the whole outside before spraying.

There were no window masks either but my masking effort turned out alright but wouldn't stand up to close examination :)

get some hostiles on it all round and it'll look a beast mate,very nice,get the shell covered in tidy stickers, cool man ;)

The more I look at TC cages the more I want one.

Do you still have access for carb needles and such?

If you have a screwdriver with a long enough shaft then yes it's not a problem.

The fuel filler is another matter though.

You can unscrew the fuel cap okay but the cage gets in the way of filling the tank.

I spent the grand total of

DSC03092_zpsz8uger1e.jpg

Is this forsale on ebay?  I swear I saw it the other day.