• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

24 minutes ago, NuttyProfessor said:

will it work with the leccy gearbox though? Bit steep at £40. Also fitted the second brace. Nice and solid.

Here you go save yourself a tenner 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191418921345 

you ou can use there website aswell for a couple more quid off 

http://www.rc-willpower.com/Cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=145_216_259&product_id=28509&limit=100

Or PM Nige at freespawn he might be able to do you a good deal ;) 

2 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

If someone was keen to split 3 of my 6s bricks down to 2x 3s for me I might be persuaded ;) 

Ask Bez he has a service for RC repair I'm sure he will be happy to sort them out :) 

I did try 2 6s bricks in parallel, brought the CoG down lower and balanced it towards the front when I took the battery boxes off and just used the Velcro, since put the boxes back and use 2x3s for mental runs. Mainly run on 4s though. I'm used to speed with handling, not speed and oh **** its on its roof again!

So has anyone had issues with the wheel Hex pin? The one that goes through Hex and axel I've just to mine off to do some bearing maintainance and found 2 of mine were shattered

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

So has anyone had issues with the wheel Hex pin? The one that goes through Hex and axel I've just to mine off to do some bearing maintainance and found 2 of mine were shattered

Do you mean the grub screw pin ? cant say ive had a problem with mine to be honest, maybe its because you dont have the wheel locking bolt in ?? 

• Like 1

Do you mean the grub screw pin ? cant say ive had a problem with mine to be honest, maybe its because you dont have the wheel locking bolt in ?? 

Yep that's the one doddy to be honest the amount of times I have done flips, jumps etc with throttle it had to happen some time but got new set coming in so will be sorted soon

Ha ha finally got my hands on a set of these new cvd's 

E246801F-246A-4B6A-B53B-9A0CD62C3C17_zps

sadly the outdrive cups are still in transit but should be here in the next few weeks so I'm going to hold off fitting these until they arrive .. They do feel a lot stronger and look better made with added thickness on the shafts .. If they go well up front I think I shall invest in a set for the rear as well .. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2016 at 12:36, Devin said:

Yep that's the one doddy to be honest the amount of times I have done flips, jumps etc with throttle it had to happen some time but got new set coming in so will be sorted soon

What thickness is it, 3mm?

I get something like this and chop it up. I get a fair few pins out of it for hexes and diff internals  ;) 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281124500837?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If you think it's a good option then Steel / mild steel etc. Don't try titanium, it shatters.

Edited by dazp1976

Had mine out this morning whilst walking the dog boy I love this thing no drivetrain to constantly worry about its fast reliable and don't half jump bad either ;) 

Im hoping my new outdrives will be here soon and I can get these new cvd's fitted up as I don't want to use them on the old ones. 

Think ill just use this now for a while and forget about the crappy X Maxx until there's some better ring and pinions out either that or sell the pile of turd :mf_laughbounce:

19 minutes ago, Twist said:

Hmmm, this or TT MT4 G3 which is approx £70 cheaper.

I had the exact same question last month. This won.

mydoddy will be along soon, I'm sure he'll agree, he has both & can give you views on both.

I personally think the mt4 needs more bits to get it to the point of the Hyper although both do need work done to make them the best they can be

4 hours ago, Twist said:

Hmmm, this or TT MT4 G3 which is approx £70 cheaper.

I have both and the £70 extra is money well spent IMO 

Mt4 parts are hard to find in the uk unless you use the eBay chop shops the MTe parts can be had from a variety of uk based shops, both need a few tweaks but I'd say the mte needs far less IMO 

32 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Buuuuut....

remember the Mte also needs a wheelie bar/brace/slipper unit ideally, this is an extra £50+ on top of the £430 that should really be factored in straight away.

Back to plan A then.