• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBXL owners club

Bigjimknickers

Noticed I haven't update my progress on this thread for a while

Now running a alloy diff cup in the centre with 200k oil

image.jpg1_zpslvzpaum2.jpg

Fitted Area RC alloy diff/transmission housings

20150826_094249_zpsuyavic9m.jpg

20150826_094258_zpsgxrimrm6.jpg

20150826_164151_zpskn7xgbpz.jpg

Then after ROSSA FOS I rebuilt the engine with a DDM Billet Case, I was going to fit a new ring, but the one in it measured up fine

20150907_112035_zpsegevmmyz.jpg

20150907_112053_zpsbe0qgxs0.jpg

This happened twice at ROSSA tho

20150907_112003_zps1wigsazt.jpg

I've now put a washer under the screw head to give the pin more metal to rest on

After seeing and having a little go with AJ's DBXL i can say its the best setup one ive seen. A credit to you buddy.

Cheers Dave! That means a lot :)

AT LAST!! My Zenoah G320RC installation video into my LOSI DBXL. Ask me questions.

If you haven't already done so make sure you setup the killswitch correctly for the lipo. In the video I noticed 4 amber and 1 green flashes, should be 6 and 1.

• Like 1

Few questions.

1. How far can this go range wise?

2. Is the samba exhaust hard to fit?

3. Is a G320 engine hard to fit, once a new engine is fitted will I need anything else to make sure the engine is safe?

4. Will I need a new battery lid for the killswitch to fit in?

I might as stock for a bit get used to the car and then start working on a new engine etc.

As always new to the RC scene still.

My new Losi DBXL is on it's way but..

1. Will the super bee killswitch work with my Losi DBXL, DX2E controller.. I think the controller is 2 channels only right?

2. What's the best battery pack to get that will last a  4-6 hours run time? Been looking at - http://www.overlander.co.uk/eneloop-pro-2500mah-aa-6v-hump-receiver-battery-pack.html

3. Servos, there's 2 servos right? Are they the same? Can I get 2 servos the same? What are the best ones to get?

Yes the killer bee will work but to kill the engine from your handset you'll have to use the handset on off switch

See link for steering sevo

Yes theres 2 the same size but not same spaec

get this for the steering.........................http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/hitec-hs-1000sgt-high-voltage-giant-torque-servo-conversion-kit-for-losi-5ive-single-sided-servo-horn-clone.html Will also sort out you battery question. Dont forget you'll need a lipo charger.

Then this will work well on the throttle brake.............http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/hitec-hs-5765-mh-digital-mega-1-4-scale-servo.html

There you go as requested in my opinion the best servo setup for the DBXL

No point having a fast engine if you cant turn round .

You seem to keep asking the same questions "Whats the best" ive just shown you.

As ive said have a good read through this thread from the start  and you will see the different options members have used.

No point having a fast engine if you cant turn round .

You seem to keep asking the same questions "Whats the best" ive just shown you.

As ive said have a good read through this thread from the start  and you will see the different options members have used.

Yeah but surely there's servos a lot similar to what you linked and a lot cheaper.

My nitro Firestorm 10T was hitting 45-50mph and didn't have much upgrades.. Only had a new battery and a

first thing run it as standard so you can appreciate the hop ups, if your bashing just change things when needed, a 1/5 scale doing 35 is a tad different to any firestorm

That's what I'll do I think. I may consider the 31.8cc engine also even though it costs