• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBXL owners club

Bigjimknickers

I'm going 30/50/10, your new motor is pretty close to mine so around the same, or just get some 50k and make sure the centre diff is at least full, mine were lucky if they were 1/4 full from the factory

Am I looking for cst or wt or am I being thick?

All diff oils are CST, WT is just for thin shock oil

When I let a rip with G320 it was like it was front wheel drive, the oils were well out :lol:

That's a very very torquey engine though :P

But yeah, the same with my first 5ive, it just span the power away in driveshafts lol.

I went even heavier than you with oils in that.

I'm seriously considering a DBXL, my Dad's bought a Punisher now, and my mate has a Maverick XB, so I fancy a 4WD just so when we build a track, we're all equal so to speak.

That's a very very torquey engine though :P

But yeah, the same with my first 5ive, it just span the power away in driveshafts lol.

I went even heavier than you with oils in that.

I'm seriously considering a DBXL, my Dad's bought a Punisher now, and my mate has a Maverick XB, so I fancy a 4WD just so when we build a track, we're all equal so to speak.

You won't regret it, lovely to work on & imo they only NEED a lipo in the RX out of the box, everything else is optional!

My reason was the 1800mah supplied wouldn't be enough time for me so I figured get a lipo straight off or have about 40 min max runtime.

Most of the time the servos are replaced so I'm not bothered if they fry, every bash is a bonus!

Guys are there any must must do upgrades for the DBXL? or is it good straight out of the box? 

I was looking at a review from Hemistorm and the guy is hammering down the DBXL and not stating much of a positive side towards it.  He does quote though that it's his personal opinion. 

Guys are there any must must do upgrades for the DBXL? or is it good straight out of the box? 

I was looking at a review from Hemistorm and the guy is hammering down the DBXL and not stating much of a positive side towards it.  He does quote though that it's his personal opinion.

I used mine for ages stock, as I said only thing I added was a gens ace 2600mah lipo. Oh & a few exhausts, but there just personal choice not needed.