• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6.

Progress chaps :) sadly the blue is actually a touch lighter than I thought, BUT I think with the chrome wheels (was hoping for black but no stock anywhere) it actually looks rather good!

Just started doing the stickering and thought I'd update you folks :P

IMG_4456_zpsa880c609.jpg

Also ordered my rear bumper from Gaz, after I was a total PITA with my very specific design, he stepped up! :P

• Like 1

Well the stock truck is now built, new servo in too, runs fine, apart from at full lock, the ESC just loses power, this 7.4v servo is too much for it, so I either need a BEC or lose some of my lock (well actually, quite a huge amount) I really can't be bothered soldering a BEC to my ESC :(

IMG_4457_zpsf47bca34.jpg

IMG_4458_zps054fcd19.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not overly keen on the style of it and I got a colour wrong lol, but having said that, it's just something that will take a few tumbles and once it's covered in mud, it'll look better :P I do plan on getting some videos at some point, just need to source a BEC and whatnot.

Also got my winch coming too, so need to find somewere to mount the receiver for that.

I enjoyed building this so far, it certainly went together a hell of a lot smoother than my Dingo kit did.

Now as a land rover owner jeep to me are like the antichrist.....but I have to say I actually quite like it and the colour too.

I think it's ruined in white, just too bland.....

Anyhow, steel ordered and awaiting postage....

Lastly, go for a castle bec dan, I can set it to 7.4v or 6.0v if you like, it will make soooo much difference to the steering, it's well worth the extra grief :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with that fella, why not make some bits to store on the back?

Well my initial thought was to make a couple to securely fastern the winches controller on there you see, I'm not quite sure were yet, without any arch skids, or whatever you call them... I do want to make a couple of bits and bobs for the rear though, but ideally, stuff I can actually use, like maybe some way of getting a couple of tools on there, a wheel wrench perhaps, along those lines... Just need to look around for some inspiration.

• Like 1

Well I've been looking more and more at this and thinking the cage doesn't look as good as I want it, bit boring and plain, I think panels would ruin it, and I'm not a fan of panels anyway, so figured I'd try some kind of netting.

I didn't want perfect squares, so I used some old non slip mat stuff.

I think it looks rather nice, quite neat also, cage is only rough fitted to give you an idea, but what do you think?

I'm on the fence about it so far.

IMG_4460_zps9e588ed1.jpg

Thanks man, yeah now I've added some more, it's grown on me, so it's staying for now :D just need to neaten up the glue and whatnot to make it nice and tidy.

I'm leaving the rear bit clear so my hand can still get access to the back (hopefully were my winch controller will be mounted)

I've also raised the front of the shell slightly, which I think looks better and now theirs no issue at all with tyres rubbing the arches.

I'll screw the cage to the body now and grab a photo or two.

For cvd's I have always used axial and 3 racing and still going strong today.

As for the hubs, knuckles and lockouts, topcad are good along with strc, hot racing, gpm. Basically they all do there own colour types so it's down to your choice of colour....

I really like the colour of that shell.

You picked what controller you getting?

Cheers, it's grown on me the more I look at it.

And if you mean about the DX4S then I don't actually think I need to change yet, I thought I did to get everything working but I don't... So I may look back into that sometime down the line, but not immediately :)

Well I received my BEC today, so I got it soldered up first thing and went for a little play in the garden, absolutely smooth as you like.

Only thing I'm a bit disappointed by is the drag brake on this ESC, it's not strong enough IMO and I'm not sure if it can be programmed or not, but I wouldn't have the foggiest on how to do it :lol:

What's drag brake? Is it just throttle off so if its on an incline it won't roll freely down.

I get drag and dig confused. But i am nitro lol its 100% all the way with nitro. Throttle or brake.

Its looking real nice mate that blue is cool. Would do nicly parked next to my hot pink barbie jeep lol.

Very smart wheels i like them alot but dont think ill replace the ones on my kids. I would like to use those nuts on the beadlocks tho. This one has proline denails so mayb as many screws 120 i think for all four rims. So i doubt ill buy those nuts lol.

Im just bodging up some diy light buckets atm, the bumper pods are perfect size for the jeep headlights.

Altho i would have liked to use 10mm leds for that jeep look.

Yeah drag brake is exactly that buddy, when you release the throttle right off, it puts the brake on, the thing is, to use the brake, I have to lose reverse, otherwise it stops then selects reverse.

May have to look down the route of a new ESC I think.

Also finally got some dirt on it.... If you look reeeeeally closely :tease::xd:

IMG_4464_zps06d28c07.jpg

• Like 1