• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Little Monster...... Pro-line Pro MT

.AJ.

Definitely not me, and any parcels arriving aus Deutschland at this address in the next few days bear no correlation to this thread, AJ Roberts or any bargain price kits that his keen senses honed in upon a few days ago. That's fact! :)

Lucky bugger. I have to wait till next week but to be fair its not such a bad thing as I have loads of other things I need to get finished, cnc is now sooooooo close to being finished I fear a boring weekend of programming and setup ahead tho

• Like 1

Pre assembled chassis and gearbox

20150129_183902_zps6ky3vior.jpg

Kind of pointless, it would only take 20-30mins extra to put together, I will strip the gearbox to check the oil in the diff and grease on the gears tho

Front bumper/bulkhead/shock tower assembled

20150129_183828_zps9bl7j8ib.jpg

Yep bearings all round including the steering rack

Front hubs/Arms on and finished

20150129_193656_zpsshydcpdz.jpg

I'm liking the the rod ends, they are really beefy and the pivot balls look to HA alloy, the tie rods are chromed steel

One point to note, the threads are really tight on the tie rods, so I greased the thread to help assembly and it will also be easier to adjust toe/camber etc later when fully built

Edited by .AJ.

So nice man.

Are you still planning on getting a Yeti kit too?

I've been looking at the Yeti kit & this Proline MT, I was finding it hard to choose between them as I can only get one.. I know it's hard to compare the two, as the MT would be better as an all out basher where as the Yeti kit would make an ok basher and good trail rig.

I'm still thinking about the Yeti, tbh now that the Wraith is Brushless it can do everything a Yeti can and a bit more, so that's on the back burner for now and don't think my wallet can handle another 1k+ Axial, But like you say this is just a pure Basher for acting like a hooligan with, the big appeal is that this can be tuned properly to handle well, end of the day it's just a slightly shorter 2wd SCT with big wheels and a MT shell and meant to be pretty much bombproof

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm in a different boat, I don't have a basher at the moment and I had pretty much decided on the Yeti kit but this MT looks very nice and looks like it would handle more bashing. It's a tough call as I don't have the time/space/money for both, has to be one or the other. 

I presume 4000kv as AJ will be sticking to 2S so he can share his race packs?