• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti owners thread

philbr

1 minute ago, ostewart said:

Main differences:

Wheels and tyres, HD gears, CVD's and proper turnbuckles (rod ends are a bit rubbish though).

Think thats it.

cheers mate, reckon its enough to get the kit version isnt it?

Just now, froggy8 said:

cheers mate, reckon its enough to get the kit version isnt it?

CVD's and HD gears are a good upgrade, but turnbuckles are easy to come by with traxxas rod ends.

The Kit version also comes with the metal plates to stop the rear trailing arms from bending (but they don't help that much).

If you add up the price of the RTR + CVD's and HD gears, it's probably cheaper to get the kit version.

• Like 1

The plates in our experience sort the bendy trailing arm problem.

Well, it has on my Dads anyway, I run SSD ones so couldn't say but my stockers bent like cheese and my Dads are going strong after months of bashing.

IMO, it's a no brainer to get the kit version, especially as you said yourself you want to change the electrics out anyway, if you're buying those regardless, then get the upgrades with it and the pleasure of building it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

20170616_083316_zpswzghhabx.jpg

Wheels turned up today from China as OHO said top seller ordered on Sunday here at 9.00 am today, 5 days turn around!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, shaunm said:

20170616_083316_zpswzghhabx.jpg

Wheels turned up today from China as OHO said top seller ordered on Sunday here at 9.00 am today, 5 days turn around!!!!

are they the one same as oho? part from oho is red?

Just now, froggy8 said:

are they the one same as oho? part from oho is red?

Yes it was him that gave me the seller's link.

Just now, shaunm said:

Yes it was him that gave me the seller's link.

yeah think im going to get same as yours as i like black too.

just need to wait till yeti comes back in stock :( 

• Like 1

hey guys i am so tempted to get these as i want to upgrade the lower and upper rear links at teh same time but all ive heard is gpm but not boom racing, how good are this brand?

https://www.asiatees.com/display?Axial-Yeti-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Axial&model=Yeti&id=110955&pid=1

• 2 weeks later...

20170630_195103_zpsyl7lmytx.jpg

Finally got the wheels fitted, the hubs arived from china, so I've got a set for off road and a set for tarmac or a surface that I don't want to damage the super swampers on!

Edited by shaunm
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, i've had my eye on a 1:10 Yeti for a while and i'll be ready to pull the trigger on the kit version once my X-Maxx sells.

Motor wise, would this Ezrun suit? It'll be in 3200kv flavour and paired up to the WP SC8, running 3S: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobbywing-EZRUN-3660-G2-Motor-4600KV-4000KV-3200KV-Motor-for-1-10-Car-Truck-/172570517984?var=&epid=819440960&hash=item282e0121e0:m:mNvgfF-LIpmNm89hXZLLIIA

21 hours ago, James1986 said:

Hi guys, i've had my eye on a 1:10 Yeti for a while and i'll be ready to pull the trigger on the kit version once my X-Maxx sells.

Motor wise, would this Ezrun suit? It'll be in 3200kv flavour and paired up to the WP SC8, running 3S: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobbywing-EZRUN-3660-G2-Motor-4600KV-4000KV-3200KV-Motor-for-1-10-Car-Truck-/172570517984?var=&epid=819440960&hash=item282e0121e0:m:mNvgfF-LIpmNm89hXZLLIIA

Yes that motor is perfect, i was running the 4000kv version in mine but only on 2s

Edited by ostewart

7 hours ago, ostewart said:

Yes that motor is perfect, i was running the 4000kv version in mine but only on 2s

Excellent, cheers Oscar :good: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, 

Just signed up and relatively new to the ' rc world'. I have recently purchased a yeti kit and looking to purchase some upgrades from over seas. 

Was just looking for some advice on what is best to go for first and problematic areas? I have got a good idea from my recent experience with the ftx outlaw but was just after some friendly advice for what's best with the yeti? 

Also with regards to rod ends, i have been reading that the axial ones supplied are not the best! Any recommendations on a replacement/upgrade?

Many thanks

Vinny

I think I pretty much cover the weaknesses of the Yeti in my build thread, and there are other threads (including this one) which also go into some details.  I'd have a proper read through as your first port of call, then ask us some specific questions - it'll be easier for folks to answer that way.

So FINALLY after waiting months for MS to get new stock and for my X-Maxx to sell I now have a Yeti kit on the way - arrival due for tomorrow! :D 

Leccy wise i've gone for:

ESC: WP SC8 (left over from my old Slash)

Motor: Ezrun 3660 G2 3200kv

Servo: Power HD lw20kg

I'll start with stock gearing on 3s and go from there.

I've trawled this whole thread at least twice so i'm relatively clued up on the weak areas and required upgrades. Despite this i'm going to run her completely stock initially - i'm interested to see if the recent worldwide stock delays have been due to some "tweaking" from axial and general ironing-out of issues. Time will tell, can't wait to start the build!

Edited by James1986

10 hours ago, 6ft4Crawler said:

Is it just me or do 90% of the photos on this thread not work ? 

It's not just you, in fact 90% of the photos on the forum don't work. Not the forum's fault, most users used Photobucket to host their images but now PB are holding people to ransom and asking $400 a year to post images to forums. Nobody's paying that kinda money hence all the broken links!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, James1986 said:

It's not just you, in fact 90% of the photos on the forum don't work. Not the forum's fault, most users used Photobucket to host their images but now PB are holding people to ransom and asking $400 a year to post images to forums. Nobody's paying that kinda money hence all the broken links!

Right I get you hence why I always get that photo bucket BS message about upgrading so I can see 3rd party hosting. :asleep:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Yeti today :D 

It's been an absolute joy to build, MUCH better than my Wraith which had crap instructions and incorrectly listed parts etc.

Don't want to run it now but maiden probably won't be until next week some time - just waiting for new TX/RX to arrive then I can get everything plugged in :good: 

Now, time for some tart-shots!:

EDIT: the fuel line has since been shortened to look a little more scale :) 

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

Edited by James1986
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, James1986 said:

Finished the Yeti today :D 

It's been an absolute joy to build, MUCH better than my Wraith which had crap instructions and incorrectly listed parts etc.

Don't want to run it now but maiden probably won't be until next week some time - just waiting for new TX/RX to arrive then I can get everything plugged in :good: 

Now, time for some tart-shots!:

EDIT: the fuel line has since been shortened to look a little more scale :) 

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

really wanted to get this but the long wait has put me off.

you have done a great job mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1