• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Done to death but here is mine - Savage

DannyP

Dremel has been out and attacked the rear mid tank support to clear the steering servo and cap head on the Rx box. Also removed some material from the bellcrank to get the linkage to a more reasonable angle. Removed material from header to clear the backplate. Braided all the servo and switch cables.

20160320_133056.jpg

20160320_133158.jpg

20160320_133237.jpg

Edited by DannyP
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

looking really good now isnt it? managed to get myself a monster truck but unfortunately it was a right mess (and the fact that its a traxxas :lol:), was going to sell it but then i thought i would give it a go and i liked it so decided to keep it and try make it look new or close.

couldnt get a savage in the end :(

the pics are spot on mate, nothing to worry there.

yeah i am liking the traxxas but just having a few problems with it such as the slipper clutch and the stripped spur gear

15 minutes ago, Tug said:

How much bigger is that fuel tank? What runtime are you expecting? 

Don't think it is bigger, 8ight tank is 150cc. I believe stock is 160cc?

About tree fiddy? :lol:  I don't know what to expect tbh. Not overly fussed about runtime, just want it to be fun :D

14 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

cheers mate, never give up ey?

Nevaaaaah!

Edited by DannyP
Punctuation

Only put four tanks through the engine so no giving it beans yet. After initially flooding the engine due to the HSN being so far out it fired right up and runs pretty well, looking forward to getting the run in complete and start leaning it out. Loving the sound of the pipe as well.

Can't really comment on the handling yet as not had any real speed out of it. When it was BL with the CD and XL length I found it boring as a MT. Basically felt like I was driving a truggy. With it being shorter in length now and having a transmission I am hoping it will be more fun.

i only ever had 2 nitro savage and havent really used them. first one was when i was just learning so it kept stalling and the pull start kept snapping due to it being a new engine so sold it. second one, i didnt use it due to weather so sold that too after few weeks. basically i have never tried a nitro truck.

i have a really big feeling you will enjoy it. :)

I've loved every minute of owning a Savage. Tough truck. I enjoyed as it was BL but after seeing mates run there nitro's I wanted one! Both are X's and just look A right blast. Wheelies, tip overs, madness... Just what an MT should be.

The engine seems promising :D

• 11 months later...
On 4/10/2016 at 18:03, DannyP said:

I've loved every minute of owning a Savage. Tough truck. I enjoyed as it was BL but after seeing mates run there nitro's I wanted one! Both are X's and just look A right blast. Wheelies, tip overs, madness... Just what an MT should be.

The engine seems promising :D

yo danny! where you at?

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, yeah it's been a while. I've just totally lost interest in RC and I think the time has come to part with everything :bye2:

:Edit:

False alarm! I can't part with anything!! Just getting them all out has sparked my interest again.

Edited by DannyP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DannyP said:

Where did all my pics go :helpsmilie:

You can blame photobucket for that. They changed their policies so you had to pay some ridiculous 3 figure sum to have hosting on other sites, so most of us moved to other services. I use Postimage, but there are plenty other that people use. All of your photos are now just that irritating symbol.

Also welcome back.