• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

STOLEN / ROBBED

John_RCModelz

If people see all the gates and security things then they might think that you have things that are worth stealing. I'd just get a chain and a peep camera with a screen on the in side.

Completely agree with this. The key thing is to be covert not overt with security. The more obvious security you have, the more people will think it's worth trying to rob you.

Edited by Carpmart

Thanks ive just bought the door guards, im un sure wether to go with johns peep hole and camara? Or a standed peep hole with a strong light? Im looking for the best alround set up so there screwed coming here again.

• Like 1

peep hole with a light. dont go overly complicated.

so your not sure about the door, hole camera phone to peep hole take picture.

have a look yourself, engage door guard and open to enquire about what they want. 

as bez says, batterys run out, electronics can fail but the human eye does not need nowt.

just that light switch flipped and you to have a gander. 

peep hole with a light. dont go overly complicated.

so your not sure about the door, hole camera phone to peep hole take picture.

have a look yourself, engage door guard and open to enquire about what they want. 

as bez says, batterys run out, electronics can fail but the human eye does not need nowt.

just that light switch flipped and you to have a gander.

thanks for all this advice on the security guys its helping because iv bought the door guards and iv already changed the door lock, so were better off already, thanks again I dont no who we'd have turned to without you fantastic people on MSUK! THANKS

Ill be following the build mate. I still haven't touched my baja so need to do all the newb things. Confined spaces and bajas dont work tho lol so I've been putting it off as it fills the whole table. But i want to get stuck in just always say next weekend. 

I do it as soon as I get in because im in a 1 bed flat and I get it spread out when im doing anything, first it gets a full wash, servo tray out and give it what for with a jet on the hose, I put wd40 all round the bearing areas, dosnt matter as there coming out aswell, dry it and start the repairs, nice and clean no mess and I use the hoover to get the mud off, thats if it doesn't get a wash that is, the hoover is amazing with a tooth brush you can get in all the places you cant usually get to, wait till the mud and what ever is all over it dry though or the mrs ends up with it on the furniture and everywhere pmsl! Wet sludge snuck in the end of the hoover pipe lol! Yeah wait till it drys first, mine usually sits infront of the radiator so it dosnt take long to dry,

ive no choice because you dont wont it in the house in the states they come back in lol!

I think we should get of this thred? Its going to be weird not looking for the head line "STOLEN/ROBBED" its been the best read for a bit but im thinking ............ upgrade suggestions for new baja........? Or can anyone think of a better head line mines cr@p , and then you all can spend my money for me with suggestions to what is the deffos I need to get tomorrow I don't want to forget anything, its ace man im going to rc modelz to collect my new baja

Im going to pick my new buggy up today! And theres no snow thank god lol! Thanks all you people, today is the day to go get her! Lol so im coming john ill be there just after 1pm pal, im wait for that new phone to come first or ill miss it, I didnt want to do that or I shan't have a dog and bone to contact any of you guys on lol! If I miss it! And ill be in the car and there before I know it. Thanks again all of you guys out there and we couldnt thank you enough for what all you kind people have done, its amazing MSUK all the way love this site,

ill be putting the pictures on tonight guys, so it'll give you somthing to look at later when your all kicking your dogs up with a cupa! Lol!

see ya later gang iv got a bit to do this morning before the trip see ya later

I know I'm a bit late to te table here I've been busy elsewhere recently sorry about that. I just want to add that this site is by far the best Rc site as this thread shows and if there's anything I can do to help, or a place in the mob (I have a nice baseball bat) just let me know and I'm happy that you and the Mrs is ok after this terrible thing that's happend.

• Like 1

I think my donation was sent to an error address rcrcmodelz it says i can cancel it and that its unclaimed if jhon confirms i sent to the wrong addy ill resend it or send it directly to you towards the kill switch. I only just saw it bcos i paid for my daughters bodyshell then checked my balance. Im sending it tho needed or not lol. 

• Like 1

I think my donation was sent to an error address rcrcmodelz it says i can cancel it and that its unclaimed if jhon confirms i sent to the wrong addy ill resend it or send it directly to you towards the kill switch. I only just saw it bcos i paid for my daughters bodyshell then checked my balance. Im sending it tho needed or not lol. 

wrong address mate