• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

which race buggy to get

jim46

Hi all, looking at 1/10th scale indoor racing, new to racing, looking at 2wd to get me started, looking for advice and opinions please on the Durango dex 210 rtr or the kyosho rb6 rtr, don't want to go mad on a full kit to start so looking at these 2 to get me going, from what ive read MB MODELS in leeds for the Durango and PBM racing for kyosho, can spares be got hold of for both in the uk, not many places seem to stock Durango, also prices on spares, which would be the best option, any advice would be appreciated

i've heard that the tlr 22 is a nice 2wd buggy, you can get parts pretty much anywhere as its a tlr kit as most model shops stock up on tlr kits

i race 1/8 but i was thinking of going into 1/10 aswell at one point

No problem with Durango spares keeping mine running - they don't break much anyway.

Both are built rear motor as standard, but for UK astro you'll want mid motor. The 210 comes with some but not all the parts needed (cost about

Edited by Si Coe

MB Models stock a comprehensive range of Kyosho spares, bought my ZX6 kit from them and have bought spares too. Excellent service with next day delivery almost every time.

Hi all, looking at 1/10th scale indoor racing, new to racing, looking at 2wd to get me started, looking for advice and opinions please on the Durango dex 210 rtr or the kyosho rb6 rtr, don't want to go mad on a full kit to start so looking at these 2 to get me going, from what ive read MB MODELS in leeds for the Durango and PBM racing for kyosho, can spares be got hold of for both in the uk, not many places seem to stock Durango, also prices on spares, which would be the best option, any advice would be appreciated

One of the guys at MAnor is/was selling his Dex210 as a roller last week - would you like me to find out if he still has it?  He's moved to 4WD so it's surplus (although I think they nicked a shock off it last Sunday).

hopefully you can get a roller and put your own electrics in it,both packages are let down by the electrics,my advice is pop down the club and see what there running,so if you buy one,you can get good set advice,the top racers run KF at are track but where outside astro

If you are looking to run at Mansfield, (based that on your location), then Durago's are very popular.

It's always a good idea to run what a lot of the other guys run, yes it's great to be different, but, use the same as them, and they can help you with setups for your car, and there is more chance of being able to borrow a spare part, if you bust something.

Hi all, so ive gone and done it, got the durango 210 rtr from mb, wjth some essential uprades, i know your probably better off getting the kit version in the long run, but thought to get me going and see if i like the racing, and to see if i can get the buggy round the track at all to begin, lol, its not a a big outlay to have ago, then if i get into it, i will look to uprade from there, so i hope to to get to manor rc club this sunday for first go, also bringing my lad along, he can have ago to, we can both drive rc ok, olny bashing though for last few years, but i do look after my cars and keep them well maintained after each run, ive got some decent tyres coming with the buggy to help on the carpet track, i just get the feeling that this racing game will become addictive once you get going, cant wait to hVe ago now, roll on sunday

Its stupidly addictive!

The stock 13.5t motor will suffice when you are first learning. The mistake most new drivers make is too much motor too soon, so a slower motor is a good starting point. Its just that when you improve, you'll need to upgrade the motor and the esc.

I'm not sure what you've ordered but my 210 has been fitted with literally everything so I can tell you whats worth having. For the RTR you'll be wanting:

Mid motor parts

Alloy rear hangers

An alloy or carbon steering rack (I use an Atomic Carbon one)

These are the priority upgrades.

Phase 2 would be

Alloy chassis (Durango's own long wheelbase or I use an RDRP +11mm)

Cream carbon towers front and rear (Except no substitutes - these are THE best 210 towers)

Everything else I've slapped on mine is just bling - Red tresrey bits, Avid triad slipper etc. Not really needed.

I'd say that the Avid triad slipper is the best upgrade that you can get (in my option), its well worth the money. It has to be one of the best upgrades I have bought for my b5m.

When you get the car I think you'll be able to add turbo and boost to the ESC, just leave it stock.

I hope you enjoy your new toy.

Edited by alex97

You can't alter the supplied esc that way. Its designed specifically for club spec racing, hence only limited tuning - which is a pain.

I like my Avid slipper but with the 4210 I've gone back to a conventional Durango slipper (the pads, spurs and springs are the same for the 210 and 410) and not missed it. Nice, but not vital. With the 4210 and 410 using normal Durango spurs I'm tempted to remove the Triad from my 210 just so all 3 cars use the same spur gears.

How's your 410 going? I'm going to order the new Cobra 410 chassis for mine to match my 4210.

Edited by Si Coe

How's your 410 going? I'm going to order the new Cobra 410 chassis for mine to match my 4210.

Its going well, I haven't really done much to it but its a nice all round car. I'm still looking into the centre diff as its my winter car so I think it will help in the wet. I do need a new spur as I've partly stripped the other one but it still works fine. There really isn't anything to do on the car as it has been heavily upgraded already which is a good thing. I can't wait to get back to my 2wd as its a lot more fun! Lol

What's the cobra 410 chassis?

Edited by alex97

It reverses the motor position and lets you run a shorty pack - basically the same layout as my 4210 but 4wd. The key plus points for me would be that it would mean all my cars run shortys so I can standardise on them, and the new layout frees up a massive amount of space for the electrics. My GM esc's are quite large and don't fit will in the standard 210 so the extra room would help.