• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya 4x4 Bruiser.

ibo

All ready to install now,might take a few days off and let you NITO take the lead :thumbsup:

001_zps39a0deda.jpg003_zps04c4f634.jpg005_zps9503f07d.jpg

006_zps35c4aa94.jpg007_zpsdde9ab90.jpg

Edited by ibo

Did mine today also, it's great isn't it? Almost a shame to be coming towards the end of the build. I see you've stopped at the same place as me. I'm leaving the motor for tomorrow hopefully. The body will be another challenge entirely!!

Glad you enjoyed the gearbox build, it's such a satisfying part. Superb engineering. How do the Axial's compare?

Cheers

Nito

Axials!!would have to think about this now after this build,out of all the models I have built including boats/tanks ect ect this build would be top of the list,I do agree with you though the build is going to quick so gunna slow down a tad :yes:

Edited by ibo

After you,I insist lol!

I'm hoping to get the drivetrain into the chassis today, maybe have a look at the electrics but I'm running out of free passes! It's so tempting to get the wheels on!! I need to sort out a steering servo yet, will probably use one I have lying around for the moment but I'd like to keep it all Futaba and I only have one of these servos at the moment.

Really happy to hear this is the best build for you, I was wondering about tanks because they too look pretty well engineered. I wonder how the big hauler trucks compare also!

Cheers

Nito

Electrics done,I have used the Futaba system of my tank,works perfect with the throttle on the left stick and gearchange/steering on the right stick,have added spacers for the battery tray(which I have to mod)the spacers will lift it a tad so its not sitting on the wires,body posts I have to fit as well..

005_zps98ce5736.jpg004_zpsed2316dc.jpg

003_zps94095fdc.jpg006_zps1dc8e890.jpg

Edited by ibo
  • Like 1

How very satisfying. Great job you've done with spiral wrapping the electrics, I too am planning to sheath mine, looks so much neater. Nice idea with the spacers, might have to steal that one depending on what cable wrap I use!

Great to see it all finished with the wheels on...but what are you going to do now lol!?!

What made you decide to put gearchange on the right stick and not the left with a shift plate? Do you have a picture of the radio box and which servos did you use?

Top job, congratulations :)

Now for the bodyshell lol...

Cheers

Nito

Very nice job.

Looks good with the spaghetti tidied up as well.

I do like the way Tamiya provided alloy parts to start with - nice touch.

You did precisely what I did with my Bigfoot / Axios build and replaced the crosshead screws with S/St hex heads - completes the 'professional look'.

Al.

Body posts and front/rear bumbers fitted,gunna leave them white for now..

007_zps1724526d.jpg

009_zpsf304fc2f.jpg008_zps0d2bfa78.jpg

Edited by ibo

Very nice job.

Looks good with the spaghetti tidied up as well.

I do like the way Tamiya provided alloy parts to start with - nice touch.

You did precisely what I did with my Bigfoot / Axios build and replaced the crosshead screws with S/St hex heads - completes the 'professional look'.

Al.

Cant beat a bit of bling :yes:

Batt box moded and fitted I can now fit my slightly bigger overlander batts,

012_zps3dc9d0b5.jpg013_zps86f487b9.jpg

Edited by ibo

I paid 549 from Fusion, I'm a subscribed member on tamiya club but can't post on the forum because the stupid password reset link has never got to me!! Admin never respond so I've pretty much given up despite paying

Edited by NITO

It is Nito, between the Watchman, yourself and Ibo, recalling when Nick built one for an MS client and oodboo's Linky to tamico, I caved to the pressure. Not for building now (not sure another Bruiser build thread is needed ;) ), the kit will never lose money and there's something in the knowing that one lives in the wardrobe, lol!

• Like 3

Just going to look at the shell for now  :yes:  untill I get all the paints together..

002_zpsd48d5045.jpg

001_zpsf71b2a0f.jpg

Edited by ibo
  • Like 3

Dont know yet about the hardtop depends on what stowage items I knock up,gunna cover the switch and receiver wire with a removable crate :yes: