• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Total Greenarse

FartyMarty

Hi all, just joine msuk, reading through the forums it seems a real friendly atmo :good:

As the title says I am totally new to r/c, never even held a transmitter!! been to a few local off-road meetings and now can't wait to have a go.

I am hoping to get my grandson into it but is 8years a bit young? thats him not me!

Anyway got to go I'm cream crackered and the wifes banging on the ceiling!!???

Cheers

welcome mate :good:

8years old aint too young, but depending on what you buy for him make sure he understands what a good RC is capable of, like the speed for a start, and learn him about throttle control and braking ;) its not like an on/off switch :P all should be fine as long as you take it step by step and learn yourself a couple of things on the way B) the guys at the place you go to should be glad to help if theyre a happy bunch too ;) any problems come to us :D

Welcome mate

Start off with sumet slow so he can gain controls and basic's

So Dont know if u can limit a Electric or sumet? u can nitro by over richening it

I wish i started when i was 8 years old :D

But hey im a still a big kid right? :lol:

Ziggy

Welcome to the forum :)

I would probably say a nitro for you, as if you have been to meetings and like it, you can stay all day with enough fuel ;)

For your grandson, I would probably say an electric, as they're a lot easier to use, and will probably be cheaper.

:good:

Start ya grand son off with a leccy,.maybe a Kit tamiya? let him help build it to get to grips with the car,

For you get a nitro maybe rush,mt2 , some thing for starters

have fun, and enjoy this addictive hobby which also puts huge dens in ya wallet, so go open up another bank account :P

See ya around

DAnny g

Welcome to the forum! everybody is right get a starter i had experience with non hobby rc's but went in to nitro straight with an 1/8th scale revo and totaled it, i took it to morley models for repair and thay said it was the worst damage to a truck they have ever seen in the 16 years+ of owning the business!!! but if you get your grandson and yourself a nice starter maybe elcteric madbull or nitro rush im sure you will find your feet pretty easily the important thing to rember is have fun with the models!

Thanks all for your sound advice. My m8 is saying I should get a Marder or Carson Attack as he is into 1/5's and I like the larger scales but I think I'll take yr advice with the grandson his dad's got a leccie which needs some work so maybe we can learn a bit in rebuilding it. :wacko::unsure:

See y'all in the forums

Thanks again

Farty