• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

best rtr

andy1787

Not strictly a buggy or truggy ... but for the budget, I'd be getting a Firestorm Flux.

Leaves a bit of scope for charger and batteries.... IMax B6 and a couple of 5000Mah 2S 40C Lipo from Hobbyking, and your mate will be a happy camper. Maybe order a T-Bone front bumper in case he runs into anything, but otherwise rock solid.

I have loads of bigger and 'better' cars.... but I still take my Firestorm out for a run regularly because it's fast, reliable and fun :)

It's all a question of your price limit really.

Good, fast electric cars cost. The price goes up with scale.

There are lower budget options that fit into the price, but you are quite likely to run into spares supply issues.

I owned the nitro version of the XT2, and it was a really nice car. XT2e should be just as good....but make sure you can get parts for it. Wheelspin claim to have them in stock, and Parkers of Bolton have them as well ... but tap the buggy into E-Bay and you don;t see much by way of spares. XTM were much bigger in the US.

Otherwise, you are looking at budget models like the FTX Carnage or similar. Less durable, and something that works as a beginners tool, but soon gets outgrown.

The Firestorm is a safe option. When recommending stuff to a mate, I would always play safe....as it saves aggro later! There are always other choices!