• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM X2 due soon..

Bigjimknickers

i know you havnt had the x2 long but have you a preference over the x2 or the dbxl?

No preference yet, too early. Both are still completely stock but I do think the x2 is a better deal.  X2 has much better suspension and is obviously going to be a lot quicker. Plus all the upgrades that come in the box and the stock exhaust. Steering and tyres are better on the dbxl though.

The x2 has it better when it comes to breaking too, I have read however that you can adjust the dbxl to make it brake really well but out the box x2 stops a lot quicker.

Edited by Leeb
  • Like 1

re the video

imo its a chinese video running a chinese car ie a KM X2, this will be my next big purchase,

and if i hadnt already committed to a super5

i would have one already

It certainly look like that, no dispute from me.  However, you don't know do you!  Just like I don't know.  

I've said this a lot already, this could be a fantastic car and an absolute bargain, equally they could have built a few pre-production or early prototypes, jumped the hell out of them as per the video and when they moved to full production, through material availability, or looking to take a percentage out of the overall cost of manufacture, they changed some of the materials.  The may have, they may not have, the reality is, none of us have a clue!

Some brave souls have taken the plunge and I genuinely hope their judgement, based on previous history with KM Baja and what looks like a tough car in 'the video' is rewarded.  I'm just really interested to hear from these individuals as I will trust x10 their opinion over a chinese Youtube video or someone importing and selling them.  (no offence to RCModelz, but there is a massive conflict of interest, so expecting an unbiased review would be naive)

• Like 1

Just because it can do a awesome jump like that doesn't mean it's really durable. Tbh that jump will of bent the chassi braces and most probably the chassi. Also after a few tanks of driving the duffs may blow, shafts may snap and cvs give up. We just don't know.only time will tell

Something I do think has to be got away from, Is this assumption ( Rightly earned in the past) that just because it's a Chinese company, And made in china, That it will fall apart and fail. The worlds thinnest Mobile phone is Chinese made, Designed and Manufactured, And that's not even made by the worlds 3rd largest mobile phone manufacturer, Which is Chinese and only 4 years old, The worlds biggest PC manufacturer is Chinese.

Many of the Chinese firms have come around to the fact they can make more money by designing and selling stuff under there own name, I mean, No one new who Oppo was until this year really, But they have been out there for a while with the Chinese prejudice hanging over them, But all the time making some of the best Blu-Ray players money can buy.

We have all had car's from the so called big boys that have come with some very,very sub standard parts and poor design, But when this happens, People just give advise on upgrade parts to replace them with, If one of the cheaper firms do this from across the water they are dragged across the coals, If something is bad and unacceptable then Ok, But I think there are to many double standards.

Somebody who has one do me a honest list of the things that are wrong or unacceptable, Or both, With the Losi 5ive RTR, Or the DBXL, Or the Hpi Baja if you want, And see how good they really are, Or how much we let them get away with, Just because there Losi or Hpi.

Very well said

Something I do think has to be got away from, Is this assumption ( Rightly earned in the past) that just because it's a Chinese company, And made in china, That it will fall apart and fail. The worlds thinnest Mobile phone is Chinese made, Designed and Manufactured, And that's not even made by the worlds 3rd largest mobile phone manufacturer, Which is Chinese and only 4 years old, The worlds biggest PC manufacturer is Chinese.

Careful as this is a bad example to highlight.  These companies exist due to a single party state and all the poo this oppressive regime brings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-party_state).   This regime subsidizing these companies existence so that they can compete with unfair advantage on a non level playing field in the world economy.  They undercut prices through this state subsidy.  This is not good news for any of us!  Anyway, the Losi 5Ive, HPI Baja are all made in China, so I don't get the point you are making?

Many of the Chinese firms have come around to the fact they can make more money by designing and selling stuff under there own name, I mean, No one new who Oppo was until this year really, But they have been out there for a while with the Chinese prejudice hanging over them, But all the time making some of the best Blu-Ray players money can buy.

We have all had car's from the so called big boys that have come with some very,very sub standard parts and poor design, But when this happens, People just give advise on upgrade parts to replace them with, If one of the cheaper firms do this from across the water they are dragged across the coals, If something is bad and unacceptable then Ok, But I think there are to many double standards.

I think in general, people are all keen for this new car to be as good as the Losi.  The competition on price may help to soften the Losi price.  The Losi costs an unjustifiable fortune.  None of the RC models we buy are worth what we pay for them.  No double standards as everyone on this thread wants this to be a good car, they just want it proving, something which no body has done yet!

Somebody who has one do me a honest list of the things that are wrong or unacceptable, Or both, With the Losi 5ive RTR, Or the DBXL, Or the Hpi Baja if you want, And see how good they really are, Or how much we let them get away with, Just because there Losi or Hpi. 

An honest list for the Losi 5ive is nothing, they are that good, strong and well built out of the box.  This is why there is so much pressure on the X2 as its got a VERY capable big brother to live up to.  

• Like 1

Careful as this is a bad example to highlight.  These companies exist due to a single party state and all the poo this oppressive regime brings (http://en.wikipedia....gle-party_state).   This regime subsidizing these companies existence so that they can compete with unfair advantage on a non level playing field in the world economy.  They undercut prices through this state subsidy. 

Please, We have been a two party state for most of the century, Did we not subsidize some of our banks not to long ago, And one we still do, Do we not subsidize the BBC so it can compete unfairly,  Everyone and his dog knows that China is a capitalist society wrapped in a communist fog, Everyone from Dyson, Apple and  Element Skateboards jumped on the train to china when there transformation from a communist state to a capitalist one started so they could save a few quid, Apple makes between 60-70% profit for every iPhone 6 produced, So could easily make them in there own country and make a healthy profit, This is the reason China has an advantage, Greed from companies in the capitalist west, And consumers of the capitalist west, Apple make $400 profit on every iPhone, But millions are more than happy to line up outside an Apple store to hand it over,  And as you say.

The Losi costs an unjustifiable fortune

None of the RC models we buy are worth what we pay for them.

You see, Greed.

Anyway, the Losi 5Ive, HPI Baja are all made in China, so I don't get the point you are making?

This is the point I was making, Something made in China isn't automatically bad just cos it's from a Chinese company    

This is not good news for any of us!

You are kidding right, This is very good news for us, This is why you can get a very good radio system for 20 quid, Or a brushless set for 50, Or Lipo's for a tenner, A 7" touch screen stereo in your car for 100 quid(OK, some good some bad), The list is endless, Who would ever have thought you could pick up a brand new name brand 50" plasma TV for 300 quid.

An honest list for the Losi 5ive is nothing, they are that good, strong and well built out of the box.

Don't have one, So can't comment, But we all know there is a very long list of known brand cars with substandard parts and poor design.

What's the expression again, oh yes....... Don't argue with an idiot as they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience! :)

My other favourite is, opinions are like bum holes, everyone's got one!

Anyway, please

can someone with some experience give this model a good pasting and let us know it's great?

When i get mine it won't be run straight away as it'll be stripped right down for a check over before use, i'm half tempted to even get a decent full bearing set in too. I'm only going to do a full tear town because this rig is so new to the market, and also to familiarise myself with the truck.

The shell will probably get shoe goo and duck tape too as i found the lexan on my Baja to be on the brittle side.

Full build thread will be started from the moment of purchase :)

• Like 1

Don't argue with an idiot as they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Yes, And I argued it eloquently, Adding a smiley at the end doesn't make rudeness OK, I'll leave it now and won't add any more, Cos taking a specific section from one of your Favorited quotes.  

"They drag you down to their level".

Edited by babylon

Yes, And I argued it eloquently, Adding a smiley at the end doesn't make rudeness OK, I'll leave it now and won't add any more, Cos taking a specific section from one of your Favorited quotes.  

"They drag you down to their level".

LOL - lighten up dude!  :)

• Like 1

Lee any more updates on the X2???

Please can we have some more running videos and pics please please pretty please

No sorry been busy. Have only had 1 hour of rc all week and chose to break the scorpion in instead, I know i've sinned.

• Like 3

Cmon fellas this is an easy one ! It's a km so servos are junk.. engine is garbage.. wheels/tyres are good for nowt braces bend if you look at them..everything's a poor fit and the shell will explode after first wrong landing .

Cmon fellas this is an easy one ! It's a km so servos are junk.. engine is garbage.. wheels/tyres are good for nowt braces bend if you look at them..everything's a poor fit and the shell will explode after first wrong landing .

I gather u like it that much your going to buy 2 of them!!!!

Edited by Garry45
  • Like 1