• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maz's KM Baja 002A build thread (Petrol/largescale beginner) **Nearly finished!**

MAZ

Looking good there maz just one thing though, the kill switch wire goes all over the place..lol Mine comes out the rear of the battery box through a hole I cut then along the edge of the chassis under the tank an up behind the fan case. Think thats the best route for it..;)

Cheers man :)

The radio tray and fuel tank aren't actually fitted yet - just stuck them in to take the pics lol ;)

I'll be fitting it properly a bit later on in the build :)

Thanks maz, im wondering if the stock rod ends work with the hostile rear hubs? Till i get these what you've put on,

You can buy rose joints pretty easily on eBay - just need to find the right size needed.

For now though I've just used the stock fittings as I'm still playing around with the hubs

• Like 1

Rob fitted them

Yeah he did - Rob is pretty dang awesome :)

He ground the hubs out slightly to allow the bearings to fit in a bit easier

• Like 1

Yeah he did - Rob is pretty dang awesome :)

He ground the hubs out slightly to allow the bearings to fit in a bit easier

The best advice I can give you is get yourself a dremmel or clone equivalent, you can do all this type of stuff yourself then. So much easier!

Stock plastic rod ends work with hostile hubs, Steve. Having worn out a set each year, decided to spring for the rose joints this year instead....

• Like 1

The best advice I can give you is get yourself a dremmel or clone equivalent, you can do all this type of stuff yourself then. So much easier!

I've got a dremel (the Baja is resting on top of the case in the latest pics lol)

But with something like modding the hubs with it - I'd rather leave it to someone who has more experience with doing stuff like that. I fear that my delicate dainty man hands would mangle the job ;)

I had exactly the same issue as you with km alloy hubs, 2 mins light sanding in a circular motion, checking fitment every 10 seconds, problem solved. I hear what you're saying though, nothing worse with being over exuberant with a Sanders and wrecking your part beyond repair.

• Like 1

Iv just put the bearings in my new hostile rear hubs, they went in a treat, i put the bearings in the freezer and then drove them in the hub, straight in no messing, loving them big time, they feel so firm and strong hey! Just about fullen for um lol! :) cant wait to got these rod ends on order :) they need it, the standed ones have stacks of slop in um, putting to much for my liking play in these hubs, much better than I had before by far,

Iv used a new set of hpi rod ends but there not much better tbh! There ok when flat on the standed set up, but turn them on there side and the play is backwards and forwards instead, not what im after but with the new hostile rod ends it'll be purfect ill guess :)

• 1 month later...

Its been a while (again...) So thought I'd do a quick update

IMG_20150614_153156_zps01s1kcvw.jpg

IMG_20150614_153232_zpskfsv02nh.jpg

I'm waiting on another exhaust to come through (should be here tomorrow)

The shocks need a rebuild, the wiring still needs tidying up, the shell needs repairing, the dark art of throttle linkages adjusting needs to be done, I need to thread lock a few bits too.

The navy windows and blue beadlocks are gonna go or get sprayed matt black.

I can't wait to see if it actually fires up!

• Like 1

Looking your maz, what engine is in it? Did you rebuild the KM in the end?

Yeah - same engine. Probably won't work but thought I'd at least have a go :)

If its pooped then I'll save for a new engine - how much is a half decent budget engine??

Like the sanded back wood floors Maz, very nice :)

Thank you very much - the other half sorted that out lol