• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Robot Wars : Siren restoration project (Update 2)

dlegend

Made some good progress there fella, work harder I'm impatient to see the end result :good:

Was the hammer of use for the snail massacre lol

Haha something like that and I'll do my best should be modifying the chassis this week maybe thee its the drive chain

Madness i hope it comes out well. robowars started when i was bout 10 so i loved it. it beat crystal maze or the gladiators lol. Is robo warss still goig then?

Where are the kill bots now killalot was my fav ide love to see the money they raise and donated to charity but the buyers open up a small gallery or something with them. Some kind of engineers museum it would intrest me as a boy to start tinkering. We need more world class engineers. We built the first train for good sake.

Altho the train proposal was met with feirce competition from govt offical who needed to sign it off, they hated the idea ruining the country side and even said people would explode at 70mph back then lol. Then after a long time of denying it the inventor said itll make us all very rich then they approved it right there. Greedy men in high places tut tut. 

I think the house robots belong to private owners I'm not sure.

Currently robot wars is dead but there are a few events held ran by other people

I remember crystal maze it used to be on before robot wars.. Might have been fort boyard though

• Like 1

George francis was the ginger fella who had Chaos 2,nice lad, wouldn't like to be stuck in a lift with him though.

panic attack was the first major one before all the angry ones which smashed or threw the others out.

Razor only lost a few time in 40+ fights.

Hypnodisc was great at first but then when the others got going it never got past the quarters.

There was a chap who had spent 5K plus on it from a university where he had gloves to operate the controls but it had tracks and an extremely complicated electronic system, cant remember the name but got battered first time out, the look on the lads face after spending all daddys money.

God i laughed, still makes me smile now !!

Good look with this project fella.

One for old times sake

Hypnodisc doing its thing

Chaos 2

There was a chap who had spent 5K plus on it from a university where he had gloves to operate the controls but it had tracks and an extremely complicated electronic system, cant remember the name but got battered first time out, the look on the lads face after spending all daddys money.

God i laughed, still makes me smile now !!

Do you mean Mortis? > http://robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mortis I remeber it was just one epic fail after the other. looked cool though.

hypnodisk the dvd player. Didnt a cheese one beat hypno once a flipper bot.

Somebody seriously should bring back robotwars it was before its time and gave lister his carrear back lol. Is ther much new tech that could inject a whole new life into the show. Tbh i cant see how it died is saturday family tv fun dead now.

Oh tut yeah x factor , dancing on ice , ect ect ect now goggle box its sad. give us back gladiators lol.

Ide build a robot mayb one day it would have to be able to lift a car the high enough to put axle stands under it. 

Do you have a job in mind for this robot? 

Somebody seriously should bring back robotwars it was before its time

they brang back gladiators and look how that turned out.

the problem with shows like these is the health and safety police have a field day with it, but the time they are done the result is often so dumbed down its no longer interesting to watch. like taking the spinning cutter out because of parts flying

its robot wars, not robot tickle fight in a padded room.

Iv read a few times they used to restart the matches all the time because they wernt long enough and "wasn't good TV" like you say its ashame spinners aren't allowed anymore. That's hypnodisc and many others out of the running already before the program has even began

Does anybody have or know where I can see the video of "Siren" in action. would love to see it, ive tried on u tube but had no joy.

would be great to see him finished and running again Dlegend. glad you are going to restore it.

i spent about 2 hours looking for the same thing and found nothing, i can only guess that siren was used after robot wars was no longer televised

How much power was needed to shift over one hundred kilos of machine? I used to love that on a Friday night, back in the day, great stuff.

Clarkson did the first series, then Craig Charles took over after that.