• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How much pocket money?

Veed79

I'm about to start giving my eldest boy pocket money he's nearly five, how much do people on here give there five year olds if any?

The main reason we started is he's just started school and its a good reward scheme for his behaviour (not that he's naughty) and also rather than us buying him sweets or toys we said he can save his own money and use that so teaches him that if he wants something he needs to be good and save his own money.

I said to start with a pound a week but the Mrs called me stingy so I don't know how much now, think I got 50p a week when I first got it and that was 30 odd years ago so sounds quite low but don't wanna go too mad or he will end up with more money than me!!

washing up is my ladies thing or mine at times as I am picky who cleans up my plates ( I think I have OSD a bit on that front ).

chores the lad likes to do are to empty the bins apart from the bathroom one as there might be ladies things in there if you know what I mean & then he wheels out the main wheelie bins for us. he also wipes the hand rails on the stairs, gives the landing a vac & the lower 3 steps of the stairs to be safe. he loves to water the plants as he likes gardening & he like to clean the table were the kids eat at. the only thing is that he can not fully understand germs or trying to keep somewhere clean like the table or toilet etc. because of the way he thinks about stuff, but he is slowly getting there due to this little jobs he does for us so it works both ways. he also cleans out the condenser tumble dryer dust filter & empties the tumble dryer water.

the daughter cleans the wet room because my lady is classed as disabled due to a going back & hip issue over the last 3 years, she also empty's the bathroom bin in the wheelie bin. she vacs her room & the top stairs along with cleaning a few of the the window sills. she helps my lady with the washing & pegging out.

they both vac or bush the kitchen floor & living room area. there might be more but a few of the jobs we make up on the way if we can not do them the kids will for a bonus. however I do help out too doing a few jobs too as if I don't lead the way they forget to help out so it minds to be written down for them what to do on what day etc.

more chores more money for them & more time we have after it is all done, if not the next day will be a few chores then rest home work bed.

or if its fri a dvd out for all of us or some internet time or chill out time. there are not many chores to do if we all help each other.

Edited by subaru-swift

washing up is my ladies thing or mine at times as I am picky who cleans up my plates ( I think I have OSD a bit on that front ).

You have an On Screen Display?

We also do a tidy teat table which lists daily tasks which get a tick each day their done and also a space for 'bonus' help/tasks done not listed. If he gets over x amount of ticks over the course of the week he gets a treat on the weekend ie a toy from the 'lucky dip' bag etc.

• Like 2

Im 16 and i used to get none until i was in secondary school but could earn it if wanted by doing little chores (empty dishwasher, wash car, mow lawn, ect)

So when i went into secondary school with

Edited by Ste001

Yeah he's been quite good at saving it as well as when relatives visit they give him a pound here and there, although I think alot of the time he forgets he has it so will see how long he can save it up for now.

My daughter has never asked about pocket money yet.

If she has been good, done what she has to do to help out. She can get get what she has been asking for. Within reason.

So I think I will read this topic most closely to keep me informed for when she asks for pocket money.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk