• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A thought i had since i was 14

hebby

then hebby finds out some nasty scrote called tamiyacowboy leached his

RDIF signal and uploaded the same data to a new chip, he then uploaded the same biometric data into  a hippopotamus

in london zoo with a simple smartphone and application. but tamiyacowboy could have used the biometric details to commit mass crime

then just remove and/or re-write the chip to the original biometrics

good idea hebby but some flaws will show as in security and ID tagging.

sub dermal they can be REMOVED , chips can be hacked-rewrote.

the internet of everything is not a place i would want my biometric device contacting.

i mean just imagine a virus infection hack installed to all chips in a known radius.

one moment your mr jones, the next your blank you have no ID at all, your now a hunted person.

we have a right to not be watched, but a implant chip would allow 24/7 tracking of a person/s

would you want the security services watching your every move 24/7 ......... NO 80+ percent would

not be happy the rest would be security service personel that are not required to run biometric data feeds.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Personally, I don't have any problem with the security services tracking me (as long as it isn't used to track my speed!), as I have nothing to hide. Moreover, I would take comfort in knowing that they were also tracking people who might have something to hide. In any event, Google probably already have more information on us and our movements than the security forces ever would!

Back in the 70's, when the police were searching for the Yorkshire Ripper, I was often stopped late at night and my car searched - often with a delay whilst they were dealing with cars in front. This did not bother me in the least, because I had nothing to hide. Having said that, there were one or two occasions when they were a little inquisitive about the folding ladder, crowbars and other "tools" that I carried - I was a Chartered Surveyor. I still had no objection, as I could just as easily have been a "wrong 'un" on his way to break into my house!

I have far greater objection to paying taxes - and more specifically, the uses to which they are put - than I ever would to being "tracked".

Reminiscent of post bong conversations in a student flat....

Shudson, will you please stop tarring all hoody wearers with the same brush! The ones wearing metal related items are ok, and highly unlikely to nick yer granny or abuse yer goldfish ;)

• Like 1

I had my finger prints taken at immigration when entering the USA last month to visit Florida. I didn't like the idea, I've done nothing wrong, which is why I didn't see necessary to contest it (I probably wouldn't be allowed to enter if I did too) but it was unsettling and disappointing to know they assume I could be incriminating.

Innocent until proven guilty, such security measures shouldn't be necessary and only are because of fear mongering.

I also had some taken last time i was there as did my missus and TBH i don't see a problem with it :) imagine this......

Hebby or Nick enter USA/Florida decide hey i have no money and think i will go and steal somebody's stuff from there holiday villa. whilst there the people awake and find Hebby or Nick walking round there holiday villa in his spiderman undies searching for some food and electrical items that can easily be stashed inside there spiderman budgie smugglers. 

The occupant shouts " Oi what the BLEEP " are you doing walking round my living room in spider man budgies? 

Hebby or Nick then decides right this person has seen my face and budgies so i will grab the closest thing to hand which turns out to be a sex toy on a stick to beat the person around the head with rendering them out cold whilst on the way down to the ground the fireplace jumps out and punches the person in the head. Whilst herby or Nick makes there quick exit minding not to rip there favourite spider man undies on the out the window then across the lawn, into the field behind the house across road and back to the roadside pitstop motel love-de-shack the person who was beaten around the pumpkin with a big sex toy on a stick is bleeding to death and paramedics are unable to revive them.

Hebby or Nick then spends the remaining week of there holiday waiting for the FBI to bust down there love-de-shack door and take them down town for questioning but Hebby or Nick got away this time because nobody saw the colour of the spider man smugglers or there face so prints and forensics bring up a blank.

So if you understand i don't see a problem with the prints. better to one step a head than have some prints that theres no information for ;)

Edited by hebby
  • Like 1

I also had some taken last time i was there as did my missus and TBH i don't see a problem with it :) imagine this......

Hebby or Nick enter USA/Florida decide hey i have no money and think i will go and steal somebody's stuff from there holiday villa. whilst there the people awake and find Hebby or Nick walking round there holiday villa in his spiderman undies searching for some food and electrical items that can easily be stashed inside there spiderman budgie smugglers. 

The occupant shouts " Oi what the BLEEP " are you doing walking round my living room in spider man budgies? 

Hebby or Nick then decides right this person has seen my face and budgies so i will grab the closest thing to hand which turns out to be a sex toy on a stick to beat the person around the head with rendering them out cold whilst on the way down to the ground the fireplace jumps out and punches the person in the head. Whilst herby or Nick makes there quick exit minding not to rip there favourite spider man undies on the out the window then across the lawn, into the field behind the house across road and back to the roadside pitstop motel love-de-shack the person who was beaten around the pumpkin with a big sex toy on a stick is bleeding to death and paramedics are unable to revive them.

Hebby or Nick then spends the remaining week of there holiday waiting for the FBI to bust down there love-de-shack door and take them down town for questioning but Hebby or Nick got away this time because nobody saw the colour of the spider man smugglers or there face so prints and forensics bring up a blank.

So if you understand i don't see a problem with the prints. better to one step a head than have some prints that theres no information for ;)

Seek help............

the way i see this is, what is the point of freedom if its only an illusion under the veil of convenience? sure it would be convenient to never need to carry anything and to able to get on your way faster but what is the cost of that convenience? A corporation controlled state knowing your every move and selling it to the highest bidder at every available opportunity?

some might read into his as being paranoia or an over reaction but the truth is privacy is a huge part of freedom, it might be easier to just assume everyone is guilty and then weed out the innocent ones from the data but the truth is everyone is guilty of something at some point in their life, and if these chips can track where you have been by using rfid scanners in places like shops and public transport then eventually that data can be used to paint a picture in a very different light to the truth

As long as there are many Jenny Agutters in floaty light chiffon outfits running about, it can be as Logan as it likes ;)

Hebby, the image of yourself and Nick in spiderman patterned, budgie smugglers is most disturbing....

Before committing any crime, carefully consider whether or not you are likely to fall foul of Locard's principle, if not, proceed ;)

You and Nick go on holiday to strut around in your banana hammocks together and you're questioning if a different design on the sausage slings will make it "better"?

There is nothing you could now do to make things better!!