• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fpv 55inch 4k tv

king156

is there a way to fpv my short course truck to a 55 inch 4k tv? so I can sit in my living room and drive from there. I was thinking of mounting the TV in the back of my dads landrover defender 110 and putting antennas on the roof for range boost. Any ideas??

It would be easy to connect up, providing you have standard yellow input jack. Don't expect anything near 4k, I don't think most fpv will even do hd.

I think it's worth pointing out that when rc'ing/fpv'ing you do everything possible to keep line of site and obstructions to the signal are generally a no-no. What you're trying to do is completely the opposite of that, expecting the signals to penetrate walls for the sake of laziness.

What I think you should do is take your 4k tv (and stand), have it in the back of the landrover unsecured, and chase your rc car over really rough ground. Please post a picture of your dads face when he sees the tv at the end.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you're proposing here other than the fact that you're asking if it's possible to use your dad's 55" 4K tv as a play toy in the back of his car.  I bet this wasn't his idea :xd:  

Streaming 4K over a wired connection is demanding enough, so if I were to take a guess, I'd say streaming wirelessly outside from a moving RC car would be a task where any result wouldn't be worth the f*#k on beforehand.  Unless of course you're just wanting to stream any kind of video res and the mention of 4K was just an e-willy measurement . :yucky:

Edited by MrBThatsMe