• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

savox wp servo i don1t think so

mini-z-awd

just got this pic sent to me by a mate its supposed tobe a savox 0231wp servo it suddeenly stopped working so he took it part and this is what he found the little motor inside is abo****ely rotten with what looks like rust. 

altAkKxDjpJ2J1bwhsd86tnjdJhDImqVLRoLqoay

iam beginning to wonder if the same thing happened to my last savox servo aswell but i was told it was a board failure but i do know one thing i wont be using anymore wp savox servo`s if that is to happen when you get them wet 

Is this not a case of that, like so many other products, they state an item to be "water proof" when in reality it is just "splash proof"..?

I personally wouldn't trust a product that claims to be water proof unless its covered in a considerable amount of plastidip. :lol:

Plastidip is definitely the way forward and just gives you that peace of mind. :)

I run a Savox 1256 in my SCX10 and I just dunked it in plastidip. (Much like AJ mentioned above!) Hasn't failed me yet!  :thumbsup:

Edited by TrickyTris

the only wp servo i trust is a hitec hs-5646wp there really good apart from the middle gear which will strip itself after a bit and the bad bit is i have brand new savox 0231 in my crawler bag and it will be staying there unless i really need it or i may just sell it 

Liquipel. Should offer ther service to rc companies. I think I saw them on a youtube vid of weird and wonderful technologies from nature. This is from duck feathers lol. Someone is working on gloves or something with gecko fingers to climb or watever else it can be used for.

Edited by RCbutcher

I recently swapped my stock traxxas servo 2175 in my pede for a  SAVOX SC-1268MG because everytime i hit something with the stock servo the gears stripped and the steering was as slow as hell.

I swear by the SAVOX, fast as lightning, waterproof and i have bashed it hard and doesnt break. They were expensive at

I have to say -1 for xq servos on the hole they are good but beware if you get a bad one and they are out there but needle in haystack when they go they go big mine burnt a hole straight through the alloy casing and I had to strip the hole car as the smell of burnt metal and plastic would not go the car still smells a bit now a year and a half after

I'm looking for an xq ss5040d now but at hobbykings price ther good but I'm not going to pay double what I've paid before lol. Ide rather get a savox for the price some want. There

Turnigy tgy1501 is fully waterproof, ive been using them for a few years and not had a single one fail, they get fully submerged on a regular basis and there fine, 17kg output but not the fastest of servos, and at