• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

EBAY NEW RULES

turok007

from ebay site

Starting from 15 September, we will introduce requirements that all sellers take responsibility for return postage on items which are faulty or not as described. The majority of our sellers are already providing a great returns service, but for those sellers who choose not to facilitate a return or provide/fund return postage for items that are faulty or not as described, we may refund their buyers without requiring them to return the item and in turn we will seek reimbursement from sellers.

this sounds like ebay will refund the buyer   so the buyer will have the item and the cash.

Good ol Ebay been pulling peoples trousers down since 1998  :yes:

and seems like they dont intend to stop anytime soon  :xd:

Edited by hebby

Great for buyers - sucks for sellers.

We already know that buyers only have to complain and 9/10 times ebay/paypal side with the buyer regardless of what the seller says. In a perfect world it would be a good move but knowing how devious some buyers can be, this is definitely another strike towards sellers-beware!

As mainly a buyer though, great, I've bought off idiot sellers that send something mis-described then say "I'm not paying for you to send it back" and there's very little the buyer could do.

they can definately stick that idea up there big stinking money grabbing a-holes i wont be selling anything else on there no matter what and heres the **** bit what happens if you post abroad and have to fork out more money than the item was worth just to get it back and still refund the money they paid and original postage cost no f-ing chance 

Edited by mini-z-awd

fully agree as fleabay is getting worse each & every year now.
sorry to say I will not be selling much on there, apart from collection only items from me. I might buy a few items but not much.
PayPal are money licking tools.....these days.

Yep as already said eBay and PayPal both already side towards the buyer in 99% of instances no matter what, this change will make it even easier for buyers to scam sellers which is unfortunate as eBay used to be a great platform for selling.

I will certainly think twice about using eBay to sell in the future.

in the early days of ebay sellers would send items before they had even got payment.  and many buyers would send payment by cheque  or even cash in a envelope.  i dealt like that for years without any issues.  in fact the first bad thing that happened to me was with someone using a stolen bank account on PAYPAL. 

i sold a schumacher cat a few years ago.  i built it from a kit and ran it once up and down the road.  but i ended up selling it.  i got good feedback.  but about a week later i got a letter. (yes letter) from the buyer saying the car was is a right state covered in dirt.  and how he had to take the whole thing apart.  lol   i still have the letter some place.     but i also once sold a ABBA doll  (not mine) to a person the the USA  and he said is was wrapped up better than tutankhamun in his sarcophagus.

That sounds like open invitation for scammers to rip more people off. Will ebay also set up a system that highlights buyers who keep on requesting refunds or saying the item didn't arrive when it did.

There's bound to be a place people can voice their concerns in numbers so eBay has to take notice.

Just Google ebay horror stories and you'll find some proper shocking cases the buyer won in unbelievable circumstances.

One was a diamond ring sold feedback left positive ect. The buyer then sent a message saying they loved the ring but it's a little loose and they'll get it resized they did that a month or so later requested refund saying the diamond had fell out and posted the ring back to the buyer without the diamond. The seller had all the emails pics ect but was still account dipped by PayPal and left with a ring modified and the stone gone. To ad insult to injury she uploaded pictures of the ring with obvious tool marks to where the stone was and the lady had to sell it to pay bills and it had sentimental value. I felt really bad for her she should have just pawned it.

Google or Facebook could easily snatch out the used market ebay so blaintently passed caring about which built their empire from a pawn shop type thing to global market they only look after the poisonous fake sellers scamming the world with toys containing mercury or plug in house fires. Amazon support these products too.

Oh well gotta keep smiling! Back to the bin boot sales.