• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya CC-01 Owners Club: Photos and Discussions

PraetoR

Thanks for that. I thought that might be what you were on about with the last couple of posts. Was thinking about getting these for the mog but I still haven't fitted the steering kit I bought months ago so probably wont be anytime soon.

The mog will always be a work in progress but I'll get some more photos up after the next update  :thumbsup:

I bought the stroke extenders a while ago for another CC-01 but finally got round to using them on the Mog. I may play around with the suspension a bit to see if I can get more droop out of the set-up.

Decal time for the Mog today and then fit electrics.

I prefer "work in progress" rather than unfinished.

John

PS

iPad irritation. Can't use emoticons with Safari browser,

They cost me about 8 quid originally from someone on eBay and as they were just sitting in my spare parts box they cost me nothing to use on the Mog. If I was to make a set I'd use some flat ali bar bent to shape (to get the right offset) with some bearings.

Using longer shocks will also give more articulation.

John

gallery_32744_3337_132831.jpg

Edited by johninderby

Couple of photos of the Mog. Will do a separate thread giving details later.

John

Unimog-1_zps0fcc6ec1.jpg

Unimog-2_zpsa50d8c36.jpg

are they rc4wd bumpers if so do you think they would work on a pajero and the mog looks stunning :insane::sweeeet:  :thumbsup:

here's my newly built pajero it's got GPM alloy steering assembly rear damper mount set front lower arms front and rear damper mounts adjustable links steel front universal swing shafts front knuckles front upper adjustable arms and bearings just got to tacke some pics out side SAM_0132_zpsef740162.jpgSAM_0129_zps80aa4caf.jpg

Edited by RC4WD fan

Wow some great cars on here, John I love the sticker on the side of your Unimog, where did you get those?

Ben.

The door decals are home made using some new clear vinyl inkjet decal sheet. Used a free online logo designer for the logo. The vinyl sheet is thinner than the Tamiya decals so it!s not so obvious it's a decal.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/199143-the-bodgit-scarper-unimog/

John

• 2 weeks later...

my little shogun

20140824_181649_zpsztcogslb.jpg

quick question are they 90mm tires and how secure is the winch on the bumper like that and what did you use to do the black lines for the panel gaps oh and the pajero looks very nice

james

quick answer yes they are 90mm tires and fit very well little bit of scrubbing on the rear at full flex , the bumper and winch can hold the full weight of the truck of the ground but I wouldn't do it to much , a fine sharpie , and thanks     

hi all just been thinking of putting a towbar on my pajero i know there's non you can buy but i would like to have a go at making one myself so has anyone done it before if so have you got any pics tips and how tos ie chassis mounted or body mounted and what i need to get

thanks james :thumbsup:

Edited by RC4WD fan

Nice thread and some good pics!

Loved every one of my CC01s, thinned the fleet out but here's a few pics

LR3 discovery

20130907_152257_zps95d75117.jpg

LR3 Discovery pick up

DSC_0028_zps077ad6bb.jpg

Pajero

20130826_113804_zps2cb5d937.jpg

Range Rover

IMG_0004_zpsdec9d56a.jpg