• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya CC-01 Owners Club: Photos and Discussions

PraetoR

No, they're home made threaded bar ones, plastic ones were set on fire and buried! :D

they look flat edged like the rubbish stock ones and burning them not very environmentally friendly is it :nono:  :lol: i put mine in the recycling :good:  :thumbsup:

You should be able to get some ideas from the stuff RC4WD do.

http://store.rc4wd.com/search.asp?keyword=Hitch&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=GO

John

thanks johninderby had a go at doing a tow bar for my pajero it's far from perfect it is just the prototype going to have another go tomorrow :thumbsup:

SAM_0141_zps4cf2f665.jpgSAM_0142_zps5414e683.jpg

I leave the front diff unlocked now. Tried it locked but the turning radius was a real problem.

The alloy steering kit works very well if put together properly but as they don't include instructions I think it often doesn't get installed properly.

John

Edited by johninderby

Finally fitted my steering kit. Seems ok but not sure how it will hold up. The keyed bits are quite shallow and I can see them rounding out easily. Also unlocked the front diff and hastily lopped off the brick. Going to have to fashion something to cover the hole now.

I've been tinkering with my steering again today. I realised the wheels weren't turning anywhere near as much as they could, barely turning at all in one direction. So after tinkering with the turn buckles and stuff I increased the steering on my transmitter to 130% and now it turns a whole load better.

Feeling quite happy with my latest mod so thought I'd share it here as well. I've seen this on a few forums so thought it was worth a try.

I moved where the long links meet the chassis increasing ground clearance. I'm sure the car has got caught on sticks and rocks because of the position of the links. Anyway, this is how it looks now:

IMAG1939_zpshdnpuq0f.jpg

IMAG1942_zpsmejg5hoa.jpg

IMAG1944_zps2zyz3wrd.jpg

I've been out with it in the woods like this and it seems to have helped a lot. Doesn't do much to stop twigs getting caught up in the links though.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the sideways links oodboo. I had an idea recently but I wanted to check it, radshape make a front bumper for the cc01 similar to the option part in the kit. In the listing on their website it shows the bumper fitted to a cc01 with a land cruiser body, I wanted to know if it would fit the Unimog body as it looks perfect for mounting a winch to. I'm going up to the shop on Saturday so if they have one I might ask them if I can dry fit it to my cc01 or just ask about. But some help on here would be useful.

Ben.

i'll be joining the cc01 club at christmas, got a Landfreeder kit on its way, already ordered the bearing kit ready!!!! Is there any decent winch bumpers available that suits the landfreeder body ?? 

I saw this a while ago while shopping for parts, i agree with you oodboo everyone should be allowed to build what they want, just as long its not an abomination that brings shame upon the cars owner and every company who's parts contributed to the build.

Keep building guys!

Ben.