• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage gearing

Dug106y

Evening all I would like your opinions on what gearing or which part you would change. Right so here goes I'm running a picco p3 28 with 52/17 cb/spur with a three speed box with high speed third and big joe tyres. I have just installed bullet proof diffs today and now it struggles at top end and a bit steady off the line. Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

I'd lower the spur to a 49t then it will give you more options with the clutchbell but running a three speed box and big joes don't mix well from what others have said you'll struggle to get third gear you need to be using the xl standard gear ratio

• Like 1

I'd lower the spur to a 49t then it will give you more options with the clutchbell but running a three speed box and big joes don't mix well from what others have said you'll struggle to get third gear you need to be using the xl standard gear ratio

they come standard with 3 speeds

I didn't mean the gearbox I ment the standard lx spur and clutch.

Which are 16t clutch with alloy shoes http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331237630540

And 52t spur http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331250241175

So with that in mind I'd say drop your clutchbell to a 15t as that might help a little I'd also consider ditching the three speed for a two the 3 speed is ment for bigger engines than the .28

Thanks for your replays. Before I changed the diffs over the picco could pull the gearing I had. I had the third gear set at the end of the power range and could wheelie in third on a good day. I'm gonna try a 15t and see if we can get it revving again.