• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's the best 1/8 nitro buggy

Morpet

I'm looking to get a new 1/8 buggy not to worried on cost. I've been looking around and keep coming up with two losi 8ight and hobao hyper 7.

Is there any other really good ones I'm missing?

I'm gonna be using it for racing and would prefer a kit if any of you guys have either of these two or something else would like your opinions.

Cheers

Pete

I recognise that name u from Sussex bashers? I'll take a look at sworkz but I'm very tempted by the losi especially as they seem on offer everywhere. Any idea why this could be? Always worries me when stuff goes on offer lol

i run with sussex bashers yeah , you will find that when a new model comes out , i.e the losi 8  3.0 all the older versions go on sale , i run at the herts sunday just gone on the srs and the losi where kicking ass aroud the track and the track is amazing as well , well worth the trip and days racing

The losi I was looking at is the 3 is there a 4 coming out then? I'm hoping to get to more events soon haven't been on one yet can't wait!

Have a look at the Serpent Cobra 811 buggy too, brilliant piece of kit.  Light and excellent chassis.

Oh I have one for sale in the classifieds too! (brilliant cross selling).

But seriously, they are great and there is the V2 of these.

TBH there are a few to think about.

I know I'm confused lol. I've already got a ansmann virus 3.0 kit I recently built so I might try that in a race first. I can't find any reviews or anything on them really so I have no idea if it will be competitive or not. Has anyone seen these race or got one themselves? I do really like it seems well built but as it's my first buggy I have nothing to compare it too

thing with the buggys,is what suit your driving stlye,not the  car,the sworks,mp9,losi 3,mugen all brillant race cars,but need the knowlegde to set them up for different tracks.so since money no object pick one of the big names,race it and then decide what  lacking in your car,there no buggy that the best or the fastest,just the drivers and set up that make a difference,best advice is go to a race meeting talk to drivers your be racing against.get your 1st buggy and engine,then decide 6 months down the line,what you really need

• Like 1

If you look at race results then I guess the Hot Bodies D812 is probably the best out there. I run an Sworkz and at my club(ledbury) they are very popular despite the slagging they get. But as somebody has already said, its personal preference. I moved from an associated RC8.2 to the sworkz and for me they were night and day. Its built like a tank and in 4 rounds all I have damaged is a driveshaft from me getting cocky and hitting a jump flat out. Straight over the jumps, landing hard on the rear wheel and ending up about 30yards away on the wrong part of the track!lol 

Get to a club, have a look at the cars and speak to the owners. See how easy spares are to get for the buggies and go from there.

Cheers mate I think I'll take your advice and get to a couple tracks.

Just to add, if you do fancy an sworkz buggy, buy the evo. Its a much improved car over the bk1. If you want one speak to steve at bay racers rc. He is a top bloke and will give you any help you need. Answer rc stock all the parts and they are FAST to deliver and customer service is second to none.

Best?

MP9 Popular in UK

Mugen MBX7/6 Manageable

Agama A8 Evo FR Handling

Sworkz BK1 Evo Popular in UK

HB D812 All-rounder

XRay XB9/8 (Any model) Durability

Durango DNX408 Alien design

Just to name a few off the top of my head and in no specific order. However these are all race rollers and I wouldn't suggest bashing them. They're designed to be light and tunable whereas bash buggies are designed to be hard wearing and cheap to repair.

As they're bespoke kits parts are more expensive from suppliers, some are more expensive while others are cheaper.

I don't think there's a 'best' buggy as they all drive differently, once you start treading into a certain price bracket it's less about quality but more about handling and accessibility. I'd suggest getting down to a local track and talking to the drivers, watch the cars and weigh out your driving style.

Edited by Netroxen
  • Like 1

These Pro End buggies are very durable! more than any bashing type readyset IMHO!

The 3 serious ones with Pedigree are The Kyosho the Mugen and the Hotbodies.

The Inferno has been the most successful for years on the track at club to Worlds level by a long way!

The Mugen is a great option 2nd best in results.

The Hot Bodies is good but parts are a problem at present!