• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

One more ST brushless conversion.

11 hours ago, tomzac66 said:

Here’s our VS after landing cart wheel style, actually loads of cart wheels on landing over 7 days, the jumps are about 10ft of air then bad landings.

New ones on the way, going to attempt a repair to keep this going for a few runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very good effort, i have broken quite a few bits on my ST, but never managed to break an arm yet! the arms are just the prefect balance between flex and stiffness :good:

• 2 weeks later...

replaced rear hub

IMG_20200425_122921.jpg

replace rear wing mount again XD

IMG_20200425_122928.jpg

Installed bigger motor 4092 1650kv

IMG_20200425_122934.jpg

IMG_20200425_124044.jpg

looks a bit meater than the old one, but the yeah racing heatsink wont fit as well as it has fins on the can, so i'm going to get a clip on fan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickarla said:

I’ve got a 4092 Tomcat motor on mine. Oodles of effortless power pumped from the Max6 esc. A great combo.

Enjoy 👍

yes, i'll be testing it out tomorrow :D 

• 10 months later...

That first 4092 died when the back end off the motor came lose. The rotor shattered. 

broken rotor.jpg

Ran it on the 1700KV again for a while. managed to get a 58mph speed run broke wing mount and rear arm at the skate park

IMG_20200731_205544 1.jpg

Also it fell into a stream and the rear tyres blew up 

Gone back to a 4092 again now, same 1650KV. Got some used wheel and tyres. Broken wing mounts multiple times now.

Some shots from today's run. 

jump 1.jpg

wheelie 1.jpg 

• Like 3

Just now, Stormbringer said:

Omg that looks insane lol :insane:

Yes its actually quite stupid the amount of power it has.  I was running my sct410.3 after this which i had just changed the pinion up 4 teeth from 14t to 18t and it felt slow and weak after driving this. Its a shame all the older pictures on the thread aren't loading any more.