• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The whoa! thread (Coolest RC pics!)

Nick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/09/2020 at 10:44, Fly In My Soup said:

Nice pics here for sure. 

Here's some from sst

PSX_20200906_163534.jpg

PSX_20200906_163242.jpg

PSX_20200906_163352.jpg

PSX_20200906_163735.jpg

PSX_20200906_163155.jpg

PSX_20200906_162448.jpg

PSX_20200906_162146.jpg

PSX_20200906_162620.jpg

PSX_20200906_161950.jpg

Great rigs. Were you there both days? I was there on the Saturday with my SCX10 D90 and mad Aqroshot.

On 07/11/2020 at 21:42, Fly In My Soup said:

I just came on the Sunday.... Was gonna head up on the 29th of Nov... But this 2nd lockdown put paid to that. 

Maybe see you there next time around in april

Did you manage to conquer "Gate 13"? I didn't even attempt it lol.

Yeah, I was planning on being there on the 29th too. Will definately be there in April, it's my Birthday that weekend!

2 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Did you manage to conquer "Gate 13"? I didn't even attempt it lol.

Yeah, I was planning on being there on the 29th too. Will definately be there in April, it's my Birthday that weekend!

That's funny... My bday on the 26th April 👌

I don't even think I attempted gate 13....i was using the 1/6th with a full hardbody.... Way to cumbersome for some gates,... Excelled at others... 

What you running? 

On 09/11/2020 at 14:51, Fly In My Soup said:

That's funny... My bday on the 26th April 👌

I don't even think I attempted gate 13....i was using the 1/6th with a full hardbody.... Way to cumbersome for some gates,... Excelled at others... 

What you running? 

Joint party then!

I'm running an og SCX10 with a D90 shell.  1.9s with 98mm tyres (currently), so a little limited. But I have recently obtained an FTX Mauler on 2.2s so will be able to conquer more of the courses next year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, oodboo said:

It's very nicely done tamiya and scorcher.

Hi just found some more your photos   I love the bug   .  

Would you know if it possible to fit this body (bug ) to frx carnage  car . As I dont mind a bit of chopping to make it fit . As I just love the bug body look . Cheers 

On 06/01/2019 at 14:39, Bennyboy1983 said:

This is my latest project 🙂

1/8 scale HPI wr8 Ken Block Replica. Running a k70g2 jet engine. Should be interesting!.....

781304F2-2B4B-4FAA-87A3-3654F92B7E8D.jpeg

CEDFF7FB-A48A-4356-8048-8CCE46D5C4DC.jpeg

I just found this   and I'm sorry  did you sat    JET ENGINE ??????WTF  what your plan off road buggy on the moon ??lol  jet engine rc car OMG . 

21 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Would you know if it possible to fit this body (bug ) to frx carnage  car . As I dont mind a bit of chopping to make it fit . As I just love the bug body look . Cheers 

Not my photos, detailing like that is beyond my artistic talents. I don't know if the body would fit a carnage.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 31/12/2020 at 16:12, Iain .R said:

Ooomy  can I see Some more photos of this bug . And what car is it  and where did you get the bug shell from .   

Hey, sorry. Not been on here for a while.  Yes it's a Tamiya Sand Scorcher. Wanted a body I wouldn't mind scratching up so gave it a 'well used' look haha.  Have done some other bodies too. 

Kamtec do a version of this body in Lexan and ABS. It's cheaper than the Tamiya body too. 

On 31/12/2020 at 16:36, Iain .R said:

Thanks. You could prob make it fit but might need to alter the bodymounts. The wheels would obviously stick out and look abit like the Tamiya Blitzer Beetle.

I think FTX actually do a VW shell. Think it's  called a Bugsta? 

As I mentioned look at the Tamiya Sand Scorcher body by Kamtec. Available from their website or ebay. 

45 minutes ago, RCMonkee said:

Thanks. You could prob make it fit but might need to alter the bodymounts. The wheels would obviously stick out and look abit like the Tamiya Blitzer Beetle.

I think FTX actually do a VW shell. Think it's  called a Bugsta? 

As I mentioned look at the Tamiya Sand Scorcher body by Kamtec. Available from their website or ebay. 

Hi . Yeaa I like the bugsta  but  its missing the Main part that makes it a bug   the wheel arches  the bugsta there cut off missing   so  yea I get you  but  not the one that LOOKS like a bug   as you could say it's a morris minor the both have the dome top . But it the wheel arches that does it .