• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight-T arrived today

ninjagaiden

Has yours arrived yet fella ?

I'm not going to use the velineon I'm going to have a go with the emb motor first and a 60a quicrun esc .. Might get a spare chassis and have a go at grinding it down with a dremel stone I that comes out crap I'll get it milled ..

Had a call from Wheelspin on Friday to say it would be here by tue ( tomorrow ) but its Wheelspin so who knows lol

Have a link to the EMB motor? Will pro try a few see how it goes ;)

Wouldn't it have been easier for Losi to have made a motor mount that slides in at an angle so that a larger motor fitted moves away from the chassis rather than staying level with it?

It would, but it would also have been easier for Losi to just put an ample motor in it and do things properly, but they didn't, so who knows :lol:

Losi are missing out here. They could quite easily have designed an upgraded motor mount when the car was built and released it at the same time as the truggy to give owners options for motors without having to hack the chassis to bits. The general consensus of opinion is that the chassis is brilliant, just the electrics that arent.

Mind you when you compare the price of the m8t to a merv, it's still a good buy. Its just frustrating having to try different motors and source differnet pinions.

I still want one, but I'll wait a bit to let everybody elses experiment. By the way, rcpitstop will sell a m8t without tx and rx for

Making a new mount is great but it's not as easy as that as then the other bits like covers etc may need tweaking ? .

I had seen the rcpitstop ones but it's not really much good as you'd get the

Edited by mydoddy69

Can't see that happening as the buggy has been around a while now and it never happenend on that , had it of been made by TLR then it would more than likely have been a kit out the gate and none of this crap with the mount would have happenend

Well that's true, but enougn complaining and enough people constantly sending burned out motors back should make them realize they need to change/upgrade it or release it as a roller.

Thing is, which would you be more likely to do, if they released a roller, I can't imagine it being less than about

While people are still buying them as rtr losi won't bother selling it as a roller. For losi largest market the USA, the car fits on well as they seem to upgrade everything so the crappy system doesn't really bother them. I can't see losi making a roller of this chassis.

Trouble with buying it and selling the electrics is no one wants the esc it's a total bust, the motor is pretty much no use for a mini if you upgrading so that's worthless which only leaves the tx and rx and you can all ready buy one with that missing.

Even if you take the motor esc and servo out of the equation there's stil the the not so good motor mount to sort which without some modding is still an issue

I have sat down time and time again and worked out costings it's just not cheap and spending around

Edited by mydoddy69

That's good then. Have you got a link to one please ? And do they come in any lower kv ?

The leopard 2838, no lower kv but a great motor

http://www.smartteknik.se/uk/brushless-motors/motor-lba2838-5200kv-4-pole.html

:)

Your Wheel Spin Models order is due for delivery on Tuesday 8th July

Your Wheel Spin Models order is due to be delivered on Tuesday 8th July by DPD. Please ensure that someone is available to sign for your delivery at:

Mod 0.5 3.2mm bore pinion. Stock is 14T.

That for the velineon? Or mini 8ight-T?

I'm after what I would need if I stuck a velineon in the mini 8ight-T

The stock motor is 2mm shaft.velineon 3.2 :)

So I got the measurements for the 3700kv 4pole that fits with no mods and they said it is 27.99mm so that would say to me the leopard 2838 should be a winner

Si

Edited by silone74