• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arogon's speed project

arogon1235

Good luck to you fella, better than spending money on video games, drink and smoking.

It makes you very employable, having the skills to do something like this.

yes its alot of money, but what else could give you a bigger smile on your face :)

It nice to have something to do when doing test. All work just gets you stressed a little fun in there relaxes you.

• Like 1

The whole money thing is nonsence..yes you maybe 15 so what?! Keep at it aim high! Then you can have a chuckle at all us sad old losers! Best of luck buddy.

The whole money thing is nonsence..yes you maybe 15 so what?! Keep at it aim high! Then you can have a chuckle at all us sad old losers! Best of luck buddy.

• Like 1

Watching

What has age got to do with spending a lot of money? At least he's spending it on something he enjoys and will probably learn a lot from building it. AT least he's not spending his money on Booze, fags and drugs like me ( I'm joking ..just booze and fags!)

Gotta be one of the best statements i've read on this forum.

Good luck buddy!

• Like 1

Cheers for the kind words guys :) I've been sat in school making prototype parts for the car over the past 2weeks and am almost ready to cut them out on a CNC machine, good thing It won't cost me anything lol

been looking at the best kv to run and i've decided that it will be 1644kv, here is a what happened when i put it into the speed calculator with the setup im going to run. just got to finalize a few things with the setup and i should be set. 

Differential Ratio: 1
Transmission Ratio: 1.07
Other Ratio: 1
Spur Tooth Count: 34
Pinion Tooth Count: 32
Total Voltage: 52.00
Motor KV: 1644
Tire Diameter (inches): 3
Tire Ballooning (inches): 0
Motor Current Draw: 320
Motor Coil Resistance: 0
Spur/Pinion Ratio: 1.06 : 1
Total Ratio: 1.13688 : 1
Tire Circumference (inches): 9.42 inches (239.39 mm)
Rollout: 8.29:1
Total Motor Speed: 85488 RPM
Vehicle Speed: 671.12 mph (1078.05 km/h)
Effective KV Value: 1644
KT constant: 0.82 oz-in/A
Motor Torque: 1.37 ft-lbs
Final Torque: 1.56 ft-lbs
Final Power: 16640 watts (22.3 HP)
Edited by arogon1235
  • Like 1

The torque values seem low, although it makes my head hurt trying to scale them for the car?  I'm guessing due the the final drive ratio.  Is it not better to gear for a more realistic top speed and have the torque to accelerate before you run out of road and to combat air resistance?

just thought i would let you guys now that i might be changing the car to a 2wd design with a solid rear axle as i think i am going to have some problems with running a stretched mi4, this is why designing a car can take so long :lol:  back to sketch up it is 

• 2 weeks later...

car is almost out of the design phase and should be going into the part making stage at the end of august, a few things have changed on the car like the steering set up and the axle setup but changing these things have saved me a lot of money and time 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...