• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya 58594 Lowride Pumpkin

TWINSET

If there's a 'don't like', because the rest looks so good - apart from the front skid plate - I don't like the wheels - I'd get a decent set of show alloys!!

Can you get doubles to fit at the back - that would look good - or a big fat dragster wheel!!

Al.

Sitting my Pumpkin shell on my wife's M03 Mini chassis shows that the sills rest on top of the battery.  But I'm sure that could be easily overcome if I spent more than 2 minutes on it.

It'd need wider (not bigger) wheels for me to be happy with the look too.

lo.jpg

Isnt the m03 fwd?

The m06 is rwd, if i had one of these kits with the superb f-100 body then its got to be rear wheel drive for me.

Plus its probly only going to be around the

• Like 1

You can easily make the m03 rwd if you want.

Linky please, Mr Boo ;)

Same thought occurred to me, should be RWD for burn outs and mad donuts, in the tradition of these things I believe; Richard Rawlings and his bearded monkey have taught me much... ;)

• Like 2

Linky please, Mr Boo ;)

Same thought occurred to me, should be RWD for burn outs and mad donuts, in the tradition of these things I believe; Richard Rawlings and his bearded monkey have taught me much... ;)

There was a guide on a website but I think the website is gone now. Easy done though. Just get started and it'll all come good in the end.

Might swap mine to rwd for the lunchbox body, I'll do a guide when I get round to it.

Not as if I need owt else to do really, however....

Oh dear.........M-03 arrives Sat or Mon and there's the Marui Big Bear project to get going on (Lexan repro shell on lengthed Lunchbox chassis), the 1/16 Abrams tank that needs propper running gear etc. :shockingscary:

John

Edited by johninderby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Old thread I know, but I finally started my Lowride Pumpkin.  I already knew the kit wheels were horrible (they'll change before I go any further) but I was, erm, shocked to discover how cheap the kit shocks are.

58594_5.jpg

Or how about the version with the polycarb body @ £74.00 delivered. No ESC but a Quicrun 1060 is cheap enough.

http://www.goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/tamiya-93036-midnight-pumpkin-lowrider-with-polycarbonate-body-special-edition-truck-06-rc-car-kit-custom-without-esc-p-58498.html

.            John

Edited by johninderby

• 10 months later...