• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maesterio's Losi 5ive Build Thread

maesterio

Kind of annoyed, fitted in the radio etc. went park & found out the brakes don't work.

It has the disk's but I think their are no pads & when the servo's pull the pins their's nothing there which close's the brake pads. (which it does not have anyway)

They are just 2 metal plates around the brakes I don't think their pads?

Sorry if that's described terribly I'll get picture's up later

Edited by maesterio

I tell you what is a nice little mod, changing the carb to choke-less, something I have done on both of my Losi's just because it means you don't have to reach in all the time to mess with the lever.

as good as a chokeless carb is, the same technique used to start a choke less carb can be done on carbs with a choke also, meaning you actualy don't need to use the choke even if you had one

• Like 1

I'd be getting onto the seller about the tyres if it was me.

Not something you could really see in his pictures and if they're advertised as Hostiles, that's just bad out of order really.

as good as a chokeless carb is, the same technique used to start a choke less carb can be done on carbs with a choke also, meaning you actualy don't need to use the choke even if you had one

Never did get the idea of chokeless carbs when you can do exactly this to fire one up lol.

Well the 990 chokeless carb has a bigger bore and is considered a high performance carb, hence it's included with the majority of the more powerful engines. True though, you don't need a choke to start an engine.

Get a pic of the brakes dude.

The carb on the rcmk I have is a 990 which is chokeless.

I want to get a feel of the losi 26cc before that one goes in though.

I can get a picture up of the brakes after 11 when I get home, pretty bummed couldn't get it run today I was at a good dirt bike track which is pretty much dead out so could've been sick for the 5ive. Sad the baja can't go their either the pipe is stuck in customs

This is a pik I took earlier when I got it don't think it's clear enough

14dlvm1.jpg

Edited by maesterio

I get what you mean... are the pins tightened up enough over the pads/discs? so when the pin turns the arm presses against the back brake pad..

Also make sure the cam is the right way round.

Edited by HYPER-BOY

^ your right.

both cams for both front & rear brake's are the opposite way.

Fixed em up :)

also pretty silly of me quite a easy fix could've unscrewed the pin, spun the cams the right way round, put the pin in the right hole & off we go.

Edited by maesterio

why?

It's hard to tell exactly but to have it looking scale in regards to panelling the side pillars that support the centre side of the body need to be removed, along with the side rear supports.

Without them you cannot fit a standard body and they can't just be replaced either the whole side panel would need to be replaced.

So technically OHO is wrong, he would only need to buy the sections of the cage that had been cut but is correct that as it stands it would not accept a normal body.