• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is Kent the most dead place for RC Bashing?

gulaoth

Not its not huge thats your opinion and also i would be over the moon if i got one person to convert to proper racing as it would be the best decision they will ever make in rc ( my opinion) so i will forever continue to promote the local track for you and all the other people in kent

You can continue racing on your own on a field or in a carpark while i am having a laugh with another 40 people that share the same interest

Does your car do double backflips? Nope.

You go in circles while we do this; Of course, this is a personal opinion. This is my Hyper 9e. :)

We arn't called "Medways ultimate bashers" for nothing. 

Ok, thanks. Where in capstone btw? Do you park in the main carpark?

Yeah, the main car park.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/51.3694648,0.5523063/51.3646108,0.5547301/@51.3649406,0.555224,17z/data=!4m4!4m3!1m0!1m0!3e2

This week will be quiet down there though.

You are more than welcome to join our Facebook page. Or even we could meet up at some point, we must live near each other. Feel free to PM me.

Edited by Vr5fx

Does your car do double backflips? Nope.

You go in circles while we do this; Of course, this is a personal opinion. This is my Hyper 9e. :)

We arn't called "Medways ultimate bashers" for nothing. 

Yeah, the main car park.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/51.3694648,0.5523063/51.3646108,0.5547301/@51.3649406,0.555224,17z/data=!4m4!4m3!1m0!1m0!3e2

This week will be quiet down there though.

You are more than welcome to join our Facebook page. Or even we could meet up at some point, we must live near each other. Feel free to PM me.

Go in circles? That is a bold accusation suggesting i cant race around a track without spinning thats pal much appreciated

Not its not huge thats your opinion and also i would be over the moon if i got one person to convert to proper racing as it would be the best decision they will ever make in rc ( my opinion) so i will forever continue to promote the local track for you and all the other people in kent

You can continue racing on your own on a field or in a carpark while i am having a laugh with another 40 people that share the same interest

please check your spelling and wording more, its difficult to understand what you are saying.

and you have said the same thing 2 days in a row in the same thread on the same page, makes you sound desperate for recognition.

i actually really enjoy racing, i was mearly pointing out that people on here, for the most part, don't like it. but my main point was that largescale racing is very expensive for most people, and so not many on here can afford it, it is a very young age range on here, and many don't have parents willing to spent alot of money on a hobby like this.

please check your spelling and wording more, its difficult to understand what you are saying.

and you have said the same thing 2 days in a row in the same thread on the same page, makes you sound desperate for recognition.

i actually really enjoy racing, i was mearly pointing out that people on here, for the most part, don't like it. but my main point was that largescale racing is very expensive for most people, and so not many on here can afford it, it is a very young age range on here, and many don't have parents willing to spent alot of money on a hobby like this.

Stand back all we have a grammer warrior here thats very mature wolf, please point out what was said wrong!

Number two im not desperate for recognition as we are the biggest onroad large scale club in the uk so we dont need you i just want everyone to have an equal chance of being able to race without the thought of it being invite only or secretive etc we want as many people as possible to make it more competitive and fun for all.

Plus we now have a mini class with over 20 minis sold which cost

Edited by JayAVFC

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. Let's all just hug and make up. :)

I've found a ok looking track at the back of the plough pub in leigh. Looks quite good and it's always good to have nice pub close buy. I've got the guy's number but just need to get round to contacting him. Check it out on Google earth.

• Like 1

Lol Racing vrs Bashing argument....

Now I've bashed with TW and I've bashed with Medway Ultimate.

I've raced for 2 years....

Here's the difference.

I can take my race buggy to Gillingham bowl and do double backflips with it, no problem.

I can drive around and around in circles with no restraint

But I bet my whole car, you'll not be able to take your basher into a track.

keep it between the lines, do the jumps, turn the corners, keep it on its wheels for a whole 5 minutes.

Most Bashers are very linear.

They either drive the car away from them and return it towards themself.

They're lining themselves up for ramps and can only judge their approach this way.

Racers have to drive the car in all directions, off road have to lineup their ramps from all directions,

On road have to judge a racing line for all directions.

I'll stand on JayAVFC' side here.

In fact, I'll make the statement

Any racer can go bashing, but It takes a practice and skill to turn a basher into a racer.

Lol Racing vrs Bashing argument....

Now I've bashed with TW and I've bashed with Medway Ultimate.

I've raced for 2 years....

Here's the difference.

I can take my race buggy to Gillingham bowl and do double backflips with it, no problem.

I can drive around and around in circles with no restraint

But I bet my whole car, you'll not be able to take your basher into a track.

keep it between the lines, do the jumps, turn the corners, keep it on its wheels for a whole 5 minutes.

Most Bashers are very linear.

They either drive the car away from them and return it towards themself.

They're lining themselves up for ramps and can only judge their approach this way.

Racers have to drive the car in all directions, off road have to lineup their ramps from all directions,

On road have to judge a racing line for all directions.

I'll stand on JayAVFC' side here.

In fact, I'll make the statement

Any racer can go bashing, but It takes a practice and skill to turn a basher into a racer.

Atleast someone agrees racing is good fun!

I have made a track in my back garden to race my 1/10th buggy because going around a field is boring lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all new here just ordered my boy a new buggy and would like to know if there is anywhere good to take him in Gillingham.

Any info would be good

Dunno but if you find somewhere let me know! Lol. What buggy did you get him?

The bowl is reasonable for electrics, capstone park (at the bottom of ash tree lane).

The bowl is reasonable for electrics, capstone park (at the bottom of ash tree lane).

Do you mean the park that is along side ash tree lane or capstone park itself? I've been to capstone but only to the play area not far from the car park/lake and don't know if it would be ok to run the cars there...

Do you mean the park that is along side ash tree lane or capstone park itself? I've been to capstone but only to the play area not far from the car park/lake and don't know if it would be ok to run the cars there...

The one that is along side. it has the carpark on the corner.

We've ran cars there before now, loads of space if there isn't any football on, but can get dull after a while.

Good luck with that. Ever since owning an rc natural lumps and bumps that aren't either on the road side or in inappropriate or darn right dangerous places seem to be a thing of the past where I live . Big and flat is easy to find but dull. Lol.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, the cold isn't that great for the plastics either, makes it more brittle.

I'm near the level crossing. Unfortunately I haven't found anywhere that is really interesting to run our cars...

Where are you then? And where do you normally use yours?

Yeah that's true! Do you know where the strand park is? If you do, I live around the corner from there.

I haven't really got a place but I am going to the riverside country park as there is a few places I could run my cars, of course when it warms up :D

Yeah, I know the strand. It's a 10 minute walk. Me and my son used the golf course for our hypers last year but I haven't been there for a while now. Never been to riverside with our cars because I just thought people would complain.

I'd be up for meeting up when it gets a little warmer :)

Edited by optimus

That's awesome! Me and my dad took our nitro buggies to the riverside but someone complained about the noise so we didn't take them again but now I have gone to electric so they can't complain :)

Yeah that would be great! Would love to :D