• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What monster truck?

bigoggy

i have had a savage flux hp and there proper monsters!!

as you know i now have the e-revo brushless and although i haven`t used it yet, speed wise should be on a par with the savage.

summits look the business too but you have to buy new as they can be abused....

all 3 of the above have battery compartment and will need some research on lipos that will fit on your chosen truck.

also hpi pars do tend to be a little more than traxxas parts too.

cant speak for traxxas but i know the savage needs a few mods but then there almost bombproof.

i have had a savage flux hp and there proper monsters!!

as you know i now have the e-revo brushless and although i haven`t used it yet, speed wise should be on a par with the savage.

The E-Revo is faster than the savage given the same batteries. They both have the same motor, but the E-Revo is about a kilogram lighter. Same top speed for given gearing (weight doesn't effect top speed) but the acceleration on the E-Revo would be better.

I had the exact same question as the OP and decided to go with the E-Revo Brushless Edition (56085). I've had Savages (Nitro) and Revos (3.3, brushed, brushless) in the past and I just prefer the E-Revo. I don't plan to do anything too mental with it, so even if it is less durable than the Savage (personally I think they're about even) then I'll be okay. It took me a good few days of constant research to decide between the two - I think either way I would be happy. I would avoid the E-Maxx Brushless Edition though, the bulkheads on the Maxx range are made from butter (I've wrecked a few even on good landings!).

Pick the one you think looks the best or has the best radio gear. For me, the E-Revo wins those ones. Plus, they're much rarer in the UK, so that appealed to me too. 

My dad is going to be getting a Savage Flux soon hopefully, so we'll see how they are side by side.

Edited by Darren

As you have said yourself Darren the E-Revo is rear in fact in the uk I can only think of a few places that bother to stock traxxas parts that makes them a pain in the rear to fix where as the savage is as you say just as strong maybe stronger than the revo unfortunately me like everyone else has missed what the op asked he wants to know what else other than the savage or revo to be considering but most of us know its just the ones mentioned that fit the use he wants to do

As you have said yourself Darren the E-Revo is rear in fact in the uk I can only think of a few places that bother to stock traxxas parts that makes them a pain in the rear to fix where as the savage is as you say just as strong maybe stronger than the revo unfortunately me like everyone else has missed what the op asked he wants to know what else other than the savage or revo to be considering but most of us know its just the ones mentioned that fit the use he wants to do

The parts are easy enough to get from MSUK for example if you did break anything. I don't think Traxxas parts are hard enough to source that it's a reason to not get a car by them. There isn't even a Traxxas stockist in Scotland but I still went for the E-Revo.

I think the fact that all the suggestions and comments surround the E-Revo Brushless Edition and the Savage Flux HP shows how far ahead of the rest of the game they really are. Hopefully that translates to the OP. Both are exceptional performers and you'd never regret buying one over the other - maybe just wonder what the other is like.

+1 for the savage I bought one two weeks ago and still smiling it is amazing I spent months looking on the web in the end went to model shop to see them in the flesh the summit is amazing to and when funds permit will be getting one as well

Question in original post he mention water and the savage is not waterproof which I thought was the only downside so how do you get over that?

hey mr.o depending on how long you can wait, your more than welcome to give mt revo a once over at the next meet if you like?? at least it will give you a fair idea of that and the summit......