• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

oodboo's Mog

All in good time :)

I'm moving house this weekend so I've been holding off on ordering stuff as it will need to go to the new address. Plus I might need to redirect some funds towards the move. I have plans though, the mog is far from finished.

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, oodboo said:

Been busy moving house but I have claimed a bench in the garage and found my metal steering bits. Got an idea for some sliders as well.

IMG_20200511_213413.jpg

wish i had that sort of a space where i can display and fix my RCs on :)

• 3 weeks later...

The unimog body has gone back on today, the civic body was fun for a bit but I prefer the unimog.

I've made it a little wider today and while I was looking for something to do I found a sheet of rubber so I've cut out and super glued some front mud guards on. They won't make much difference when chassis is submerged but it's just a little extra I felt like doing.

Also started work on some metal slider bars. Just some round steel bar but it's not the easiest thing to drill through without a vice or anything. The second hole is going to be a lot harder as it requires a certain amount of accuracy that wasn't required for the first hole. I don't expect these to have much effect on performance but the extra weight down there will lower the cog.

IMG_20200612_123314.jpg

IMG_20200612_125844.jpg

IMG_20200612_213254.jpg

IMG_20200612_222639.jpg

IMG_20200612_212951.jpg

• Like 3

It does, yes. Tracks the ground better and keeps the wheels in contact with the ground more.

I took the front diff out yesterday to lock it up. Because the CC01 turning circle isn’t bad enough, right. Anyway, I took the opportunity to replace some old bearings while I was on.

This truck may be retiring to a life of garden servitude soon. Got my eye on the Axial SCX10ii UMG10.

54401121-85D7-426D-BF78-744D27EE282D.jpeg

7B133326-7944-4AAB-B8B2-B1BC207B05DC.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

This is quite possibly the final instalment for the mog. I’ve finished the sliders. These are steel bar so quite heavy. I’ve taken the other bar out now that I’ve fitted these. Overall the truck is a bit lighter now but still a good weight with a lower centre of gravity. It’ll be fine for driving round the garden. Now I’ve got he SCX10 that will be getting my attention rather than this.

The mog is not being retired yet though. I’ve got dogs and a large garden, this in now the poo patrol vehicle. It will helpfully carry a tub where I put bagged up dog poo while I go round clearing the grass. Maybe not the most dignified retirement but it means it’ll still get out for a drive pretty much every day.

BA90EE65-9E22-499C-A0FB-90F19B34CCBC.jpeg

66778B43-64B0-426C-ADC2-AB9A5280F0AE.jpeg

edit: I weighed it, 2.11kg with battery and no shell.

Edited by oodboo
Typos
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...