• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MSUK lifestyle change thread (ok, diet thread)

Bigjimknickers

I've been watching what I eat lately plus having to walk to uni and back 2 or 3 times a day has helped a fair bit I reckon. Managed to go down from a touch over 16 stone to around 14 and a half since i started a few months back. Trying to shed another stone but it's proving difficult! Cut back a fair bit on the booze and junk food but I keep lapsing back into my old habits!

a. Stone and a half is no mean feat, well done fella bet you feel better for it..

Fish and chips for lunch, belated mother's day treat (for mum!)...avoided pudding.

Still a fat **** tho...and kidding myself the diet Coke was worth it...lol

just those words have me drooling.. Fish and chips.. I remember them well.. Posted Image

You won't want to know that they were cooked perfectly and totally delicious then?? Or that the bread was buttered nicely, and that the curry sauce was simply divine?? ;)

• Like 1

Only just seen this thread, I've lost 2st since November last year, just by not eating crap anymore and a little exercise, still another 2.5st and I'll be happy, getting a new mountain bike next month so that should help out :)

Oh I'm 6ft 7" and 21.5st at mo, but got shoulders as wide as doors so carry my excess weight quite well lol

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 1

Only just seen this thread, I've lost 2st since November last year, just by not eating crap anymore and a little exercise, still another 2.5st and I'll be happy, getting a new mountain bike next month so that should help out :)

Oh I'm 6ft 7" and 21.5st at mo, but got shoulders as wide as doors so carry my excess weight quite well lol

good work fella, once you start spinning those cranks it'll drop off of you..

Starting interval training tonight with a colleague, 1 min jog 1 min walk, never run anywhere so it's gonna be an eye opener I'm sure..

I fail to see how two minutes of exercise will be of any benefit, however.... ;)

You'll be reet...focus on what the achievements will be.

Feeling better for my energy out this week...a small, but important, step forward :)

Starting interval training tonight with a colleague, 1 min jog 1 min walk, never run anywhere so it's gonna be an eye opener I'm sure..

Me and the mrs do that the hardest part for me is jumping on a moving treadmill ..scary stuff.. First time I tried the car key fell out me pocket and I tried to quickly grab it big no no ...shot straight off the back haha

• Like 2

Me and the mrs do that the hardest part for me is jumping on a moving treadmill ..scary stuff.. First time I tried the car key fell out me pocket and I tried to quickly grab it big no no ...shot straight off the back haha

it was better than I expected to be fair, we did 30 minutes for starters so that's 15 mins of jogging and 15 mins of recovery (for the mathematically challenged) definitely more effort than 20 solid minutes on a cross trainer but well worth doing and we both agreed that it wasn't too taxing..

it was better than I expected to be fair, we did 30 minutes for starters so that's 15 mins of jogging and 15 mins of recovery (for the mathematically challenged) definitely more effort than 20 solid minutes on a cross trainer but well worth doing and we both agreed that it wasn't too taxing..

Nice one mate :good: my favourite cardio/fatburn machine is the stepper atm . Treadmill gives me bad knees for days if I'm on to long I excercise with my wife she's ten years younger than me and doesn't understand. Usually have a swim today but turned up and it was full of brats and a big inflatable frog thing so that was abandoned.

Feeling the pain today, thighs and groin ache.. Rest day tomorrow for sure, still managed 40 mins of cycling and 15 of elliptical but the legs are jelly now..

1 more sleep til the strumpy splash and dash, can't wait now felling fit for purpose and nervous about riding in a crowd as I haven't done it for such a long time but the weather is looking good so it should be a great experience..

The strumpy splash and dash was a pretty decent crack today, only a smattering of mtbrs there though which made for a pretty lonely circuit to ride, the road sportif was clearly very popular so I'm rubbing my hands together now in anticipation of getting my new road bike so I can join in and ruffle a few lycra feathers in my baggy freeride gear.. ;)

Good as gold Noj cheers, the mtb ride only lasted 45 mins so it wasn't a slog, the only thing that let the trail down was an slog across an unprepared unmown field being used as the car park which pretty much sapped the legs before some uphill switchbacks.. My old legs were jelly let me tell you and I had to walk halfway up the switchbacks, it was worth it tho because at the top was a cracking singltrack descent into a bomb hole that produced a good sized grin..

• Like 1

Well just booked up another two events, ride for life in Thetford forest and a 30 miler sportive called the East Coast classic that runs from my home town of great Yarmouth.. Gotta have a reason to train besides general fitness and goals are the key..

• 2 weeks later...

Weighed myself again yesterday. Gone up and I'm just over 17st now. That was with shoes on and stuff in my pockets though.

I'm still getting to the gym 3-4 times a week but just building muscle so that will account fir the weight gain. I really need to do some cardio. My target of getting across the monkey bars at the end of the total warrior course is looking less and less likely though.

How's everyone doing?

Weigh in tomorrow at my, ahem, weight management clinic with our practice nurse, the conversation will go something like this:

Hi Jayne, how's you?

I'm here because Dr Braces (he wears braces, and looks like a farmer?!?!) said I needed to, however, we both know I know that I am a lazy bugger who just likes pies and curry, and can (mis)manage my own overweight. Have a lovely weekend, see you anon. ;)

I can tell some has been shed tho, all that brush and roller wielding had to count for some energy out!