• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bash 3 of 2014! 1st or 2nd March

Delta-9

11 members have voted

1. 1. 1st or 2nd?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • Either Date
    • Quarry
    • Oakhill

Yeah that's what I was meaning. I used to do downhill mountain biking on similar ground. It was fun to get mucky and just hose yourself down. Not so much fun taking a dirty as hell Baja on buses and tubes lol I don't think I'll bother polishing her up for this one ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I was meaning. I used to do downhill mountain biking on similar ground. It was fun to get mucky and just hose yourself down. Not so much fun taking a dirty as hell Baja on buses and tubes lol I don't think I'll bother polishing her up for this one ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Well you would be guaranteed a seat at least... with everyone desperately trying to avoid you without seeming like they are trying to avoid you...

weather is looking better on Sunday. Not sure who is actually coming. I could do Saturday afternoon later on (as in from 2pm ish) or Sunday earlier like 12:30.

Well we have no votes for the 2nd so I guess 1st it is. Sorry MAZ, hopefully you dont have work or can make the next one. Although I guess its still dependent on weather. If its abysmal on saturday then its going to have to be sunday. 

I am sure we can cope with a shower or two... 

votes are saying 50/50 on location. But I cant vote on location for some reason sooooo 4/3 to the quarry!  :thumbsup:

I am going to aim for 12. It'll take about 2 hours for me to get up there and I'm not one for mornings. I guess if anyone wants to go earlier my arm could be twisted but not much before 11.

I just hope my last bit of silicone on my exhaust holds up otherwise its going to be a short bash for me. Any opinions on the best way to secure it? I have it cable tied at the mo after bad experiences with jubilee clips but have been thinking wrapping a bit of can around the silicone with jubilees on that?

I am sure we can cope with a shower or two... 

votes are saying 50/50 on location. But I cant vote on location for some reason sooooo 4/3 to the quarry!  :thumbsup:

I am going to aim for 12. It'll take about 2 hours for me to get up there and I'm not one for mornings. I guess if anyone wants to go earlier my arm could be twisted but not much before 11.

I just hope my last bit of silicone on my exhaust holds up otherwise its going to be a short bash for me. Any opinions on the best way to secure it? I have it cable tied at the mo after bad experiences with jubilee clips but have been thinking wrapping a bit of can around the silicone with jubilees on that?

How are you getting there buddy as its a long way from any station!

I might be able to pick you up from Hatfield or WGC.

I also have an old un-cut dom that may be of use to you, but I think the rear bracket may need a quick repair.

Edited by Lakie

st.albans station is the other option. Thameslink goes down through st.pancras, city, blackfriars, London bridge, etc. Only takes twenty minutes from st.pancras to st.albans on the fast train, and there are four fast every hour.

Either earlier or a bit later?

12:30 - 1? 

I have to take either the boy swimming between 11:45 and 12:15 or daughter between 1:15 and 2.

Either early (11) or later 12:30 - 1 is good. Prefer later. No idea why there is this obsession with earlier on the weekend...

You get there at 12 and I get there at 12:45 and you'll all be packing up bits of scrap metal in the car having out-jumped the hill by mistake already ...  :whistling:

Five day forecast looks to have come good:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/st-albans-hertfordshire#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1393632000 

It will be cold though - the site has little shelter compared to Trent park.

Tom if I get my kit sorted tonight and Fri...

I'll be cool to give you a lift from oakleigh park station prob around 12 

I have no cars currently fully functional either! Busy evenings ahead then...

Wow thanks chaps, so many offers I don't know where to start!

I was going to just get to Hatfield and walk from there. Should only be an hour or so but I wouldn't complain to a lift. 

I think it will be easier for me to get to Oakleigh Park than Hatfield but strangely there isn't much of a time difference to the stations. Therefore, my thoughts are (if this is ok with others) if you have time and manage to sort your kit out then I would love a lift from Oakleigh, Chris. Failing that, I will give Lakie a call and go from there.

ASTTCK - I would be happy to meet you on the way but I am not sure of how the logistics will work. Perhaps we should speak in the morning on saturday once plans have solidified? I will PM you my number.

Lakie - an uncut Dom would be handy if you dont mind me borrowing it just in case. Been waiting for my VRC clone to be dispatched for over 2 weeks now! 

Jari - Any idea why the Met have seen fit to provide a detailed forecast for today and friday? never seen it as detailed before. 

Jari - Any idea why the Met have seen fit to provide a detailed forecast for today and friday? never seen it as detailed before. 

no idea why so detailed. they are pretty accurate 24-48 hours out now . 

ASTTCK I have a cheap one I can bring. Just bear in mind its probably +/- 10% so at 100C you could be 110 or 90. Perhaps someone else has a better one?

I have a digital infrared one. I have no way of calibrating it though - no idea how accurate it is. It is always in the bag...

we need one of those bell jar things setup to cool things... and some water - to make a solid, liquid and gas simultaneously and fire the temps guns at it as that 'tripple point' only happens at a very specific temperature. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_point

it looks awesome too, if you have ever seen it! Its how then calibrate thermometers to a great degree of accuracy. 

I have never been there but there was a link or 2 kicking about in the last bash thread and here somewhere too but I can't seem to find it - supposed to be working still!

I think it is here though... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/51%C2%B046'38.0%22N+0%C2%B015'57.3%22W/@51.777223,-0.265907,1606m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Someone please correct me if I am wrong (which often happens!)