• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Steering wont reset to zero:(

danzul90

Does any one have a clue as to why my steering doesn't return to zero?

What i mean by this is regardless of trim settings or where i set the steering arm on the servo, if i turn left and release the wheel the wheels return OK but don't sit dead straight, they are maybe 10 - 20% out still turning to the left. If i dial that out with the trim on the tx then i get the same issue when i turn right. do i have to settle for a bit out on both side? or is it a set-up thing with suspension?

Many thanks Dan.

Have you hit anything?

If you have no adjustment, the steering might be 'sticky'.

You might have had an impact and bent something - give it a good 'once over'.

If you cannot get to straight ahead, which I presume is what you mean, I would remove the servo horn off the servo, then see how the steering moves - is it free-moving?

If not, WHY NOT?

Can you repair / replace / reposition what has moved?

Now, set the radio set - Tx / Rx - on, reset the Tx to zero, and position the servo horn as close to straight ahead as you can.

Now, trim the steering to straight ahead.

Al.

Its a Thunder tiger tomahawk VX.

It happens when in the air and on the ground.

I have rolled it a few times but have checked the car over and as far as i can see there is absolutely nothing visibly wrong with the car.

Its the standard servo.

I have already removed the horn and rest everything twice so i am guessing its a faulty servo.

I have a spare couple so i will have to swap it over and see if there is any difference.

It does drive straight but constantly needs a small amount of steering input to keep it straight.

It should be relatively tight and permit accurate movement - to a point.

Only when there is a fair amount of resistance, it permits movement other than the intended steering - to save the servo from getting damaged - if that makes sense,

If its sloppy, you'll have terrible control of your steering. A bit like those 'old American cars' with the actors sawing away at the steering and it still goes straight!

Al.