• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gran turismo 6 thread

arogon1235

since no one has created one yet i thought i would :lol:   

i got gt6 the day after the launch and when i finally got around to playing it i instantly noticed a difference in how the car handled. in gt5 it felt like you didn't have control of the car you were driving but in gt6 they have fixed this i can notice that i have more control on the car and it just feels sooooooooo much better. the other thing i noticed is the graphics have been improved alot more. i have also noticed how cheap some of the cars are i thought that the ford mustang gt500 would be around 80000cr but its 5500cr and the car is a 240mph in stock form and with it fully upgraded it can hit just shy of 285mph.  

i have already got a good list of cars:  

ford f150 fully upgraded (750-800hp i think)

ford mustang gt500 fully upgraded (967hp) 

nissan gtr black edition fully upgraded (1068hp)

nissan 240sx stock 

go kart 100

gokart 125 

shifter cart  

my favourite car atm is the gt500 as it handles so well and put its power down so quick i think 0-200 is around 10secs. 

anyway i want to know how you guys find the game and what cars you have.  

cheers

Edited by arogon1235

I love it mate however after doing 3/4 licenses and the races that come with it I'm getting rather bored..... I agree the handling is awesome compared to 5. I love chucking my fully tuned Clio sport into a bend as fast as possible, bit of handbrake to get it sideways then a foot full of revs to smoke out the track and pull it straight. Cars handle sooo much more realistically. However I'm disappointed there's no shuffle (that's all I used to race on 5) and drifting is soooo much harder, I was awesome at drifting of 5 and spent most my time if the pro drift rooms but 6 is going to take this bit more practise and tuning to be good at it again

Stage 3 tuned honda FIT 

stage 3 tuned S2000 

stage 3 tuned Nissan GT-R N1 ( N1 version was given dual oil pumps, only gt-r to have them, a one off)

car handling is ok, tyres are way to intense

nissan Gt-r N1 ( is unfinished model, has bad artifaction on all four wheel arches, aka the jaggies)

I had GT6 a few days Before release. i do not play it much either have got as far a A nats 

and done first six goodward. also done all three lunar landing races to and finished first in each

The thing that annoyed me with the gt series was the sound effects. Every engine sounded more or less the same. Crashes sounded like a drum n bass track. Has this been improved with 6 or shall I just go back to forza?

GF got this for me as a treat and started getting into it now. Graphics are decent, even the standard definition cars aren't all that bad, sounds are ok-ish - better than gt5 but still need work, tyre sounds are way too loud compared to other noises.I also fail to see how a car crashing into me at 250+ doesnt lose control and keeps on going straight with minor loss of speed, yet when I try to all hell breaks loose :huh: AI are also stupid beyond belief as per usual GT.

Easiest way for cash is to get theTommy Kaira ZZII can be had for 60k, stage 3 engine/chassis and high rpm turbo. 960bhp and 950 odd kg. Leave it on standard chassis for 650pp, Fully customisable tranny and set the slider for speed all the way and do the like the wind race 3 (route x). 70k plus daily bonus (up to an extra 100%). 4 minute race which is just 2 10km straights and 2 corners!

Tried the photo travel mode too, like the feature of adding a 2nd car in!

Some in game race pics. RX7 can be had by winning all races in national A, very stable car even with 660bhp and tc turned off. And it's purty :wub:

CircuitdelaSarthe2013_zps50e97b8d.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2013_2_zpsdb2f05a7.jpg

CityofArtsandSciences-Night_zps68ac847d.

CityofArtsandSciences-Night_1_zps1a5fc46

CityofArtsandSciences-Night_2_zpsb2599a4

Loving the 3 tuning presets in the game too!

I'm not, had 3 set ups, yet for some reason they all alter with one another. Tried having a 550pp set up for my vision GT and a 650pp set up. Got it all spot on and then went to 612 something pp because some mods have to be the same between tuning presets.

Such gayness.

• 6 months later...

PD have been on the ball with the last few updates for this, especially the Senna challenges and latest revisions to the physics.

Picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT for a tenner this weekend. Was struggling to get past 1:15 on the final Senna F1 challenge, car was way too twitchy on controls even with the sensitivity turned right down. 2nd lap with the wheel I managed to get a 1:09 :) . Also did a several hour long endurance race online with steering force set to 10. Never again :lol: