• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tugs take on the S5!

Tug

2 hours ago, Guns said:

Thanks for that!

im trying to buy the Alza 1/5 in the for sale forum. Needs work but he stopped responding after my offer, maybe I offended him?

If you did then he's a bit of an idiot, no idea why people get offended over a few numbers on a screen lol.

If it's below what you'll accept just counter offer, why lose a sale because you're butthurt :lol:

Either way, PBM did really good deals, usually about twice a year, I'm keeping my eye out for a complete 5B shell at the moment so thought I'd mention it :)

21 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Keep an eye out at PBM Racing, they have 5sc shell in for £69 posted from time to time.

Worth considering if you wish to convert.

I thought 69.99 was pbms standard price. I paid 49.99 for mine off them on black friday. I couldn't believe it I hung back even at that tho but in 3hrs all ten had sold and another ten listed so I orderd. Afew hours later all ten had sold again. Then another ten came up and only a couple sold until they went to 59.99 then 69 which they stayed at until recently if ther more now. They only had black tho. 

But other sellers had silver and red at 79.99 

Around the same time I was doing my kids scx10 and the body for that came out more than the 5sc body lol. Proline jeep+ paint. 

1 minute ago, RCbutcher said:

I thought 69.99 was pbms standard price. I paid 49.99 for mine off them on black friday. I couldn't believe it I hung back even at that tho but in 3hrs all ten had sold and another ten listed so I orderd. Afew hours later all ten had sold again. Then another ten came up and only a couple sold until they went to 59.99 then 69 which they stayed at until recently if ther more now. They only had black tho. 

But other sellers had silver and red at 79.99 

Around the same time I was doing my kids scx10 and the body for that came out more than the 5sc body lol. Proline jeep+ paint. 

The problem is idiots buy them and then when they're all sold, try and sell them again at like £130 a piece.

They haven't been 69quid for months... Certainly not in 2016 anyway, I check about every 2 or 3 days.

People will pay it too lol I've stuck afew £5 notes to items I thought the buyer was scamming himself lol. One was the old but good condition km 5t body it ended for more than they cost new with item price and postage. Around £40 it had two cracks in the rear too about an inch each. I wanted £25 all in got 35 even after sticking a 5er to it. 

• 2 years later...

This rig is still hard at it, always puts a smile on me. 

New combo added; Max6 and a Tomcat 4092, 700kv motor, running sweet so far. I'll try to shoot some vid soon. 

Quick test on 6S and while it's back to being a tad sedentary, still fast enough to be fun. I'll probably keep 8S for "last pack of the day". ;)

• 1 month later...

Gave this an 8S run this morning, good pace, but the motor hit 70C, and that's WITH "Yeah Racing" tornado fans! 

Who cares? It made me smile! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Finally swapped the stock steering assembly for an all alloy version. Most importantly, I swapped the plastic link from servo arm to servo saver for a homebrew I'd made using two 3mm ally rod-ends. The stocker had so much slop, steering should be vastly improved now. 

Yup, still got this car, still love it, despite all its issues. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...